Paris Jackson Released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Paris was released today by the Redblacks.

I feel bad for him. I wonder how many times they actually threw in his direction. Is there any role for him back in a Lions uni?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Paris was released today by the Redblacks.

I feel bad for him. I wonder how many times they actually threw in his direction. Is there any role for him back in a Lions uni?
I second the sentiments on feeling bad for Paris. If you ever watched him in practice or on the field, he bled orange. I hope that Wally finds a place for him within the organization, he is well worth it.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions are knee deep in receivers. Doubt the Lions are interested although they could probably use Jackson on the "hands" team on kickoffs.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Paris was released today by the Redblacks.

I second the sentiments on feeling bad for Paris. If you ever watched him in practice or on the field, he bled orange. I hope that Wally finds a place for him within the organization, he is well worth it.
X3

I saw this come across the wire and felt bad for him. Isn't there a time coming up soon (Sept 1 or Labour Day) when contracts are guaranteed for Vets for the season? You have to think there will be more of these types of changes, especially in that eastern division. Toronto clearly in first, everybody else pretty much tied for second, right now........
Ravi
Legend

If Jackson can't help a weak Ottawa receiving corps, I can't see him being of much help to anyone else. Whatever happened to the Canadian kid from Bishop's, I believe, that played so well for the Lions in the preseason? He looked like he can be more helpful than Jackson at this point.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:If Jackson can't help a weak Ottawa receiving corps, I can't see him being of much help to anyone else. Whatever happened to the Canadian kid from Bishop's, I believe, that played so well for the Lions in the preseason? He looked like he can be more helpful than Jackson at this point.
Stephen Adekolu is on the practice roster
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Sadly there is no room for Paris...we need to make room for Adekolu not push him further down the depth chart.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Rammer
Team Captain

MexicoLionFan wrote:Sadly there is no room for Paris...we need to make room for Adekolu not push him further down the depth chart.
Most anticipated N is Adekolu, and I will add Antolin as the most anticipated I to make the starting lineup.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Paris is one of my all time favourites.

All one had to do was watch him interact with kids. :thup:

Clutch player. Seemed to lose a step or two, and he was never a real burner. Great performance in our Grey Cup win in 2006.

Time to move on. That day comes for every athlete. And Paris left his mark. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
David
Team Captain

I hope the Lions find some way to honour Paris one day. He was an elite receiver for many seasons during the Lions only true period of "glory years" (that's basically 1 year after Wally took over the team up until the time we moved to Tempire. Some might even argue it end the year Bobby passed and I wouldn't disagree).

Seems to me if Paris's career had been coming to a close 10-15 years ago, he may indeed have been able to hang on for 2-3 more years. But DBs, nickel, and dime backs, hell, even linebackers who break into coverage seem so fast and skilled today, the era of the "possession" receiver (a precise route runner who finds open space and sits down on his route) seems to be a bit out fashion these days. Even Andy Fantuz is struggling this season.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Well if you've been to cities and you've had enough
Have you been to Paris France?
And if you doubt that Paris was made for love
Give Paris one more chance
The home of Piaf and Charles Aznavour
Must have done somethin right
And will so something more
If you don't think Paris was made for love
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:Well if you've been to cities and you've had enough
Have you been to Paris France?
And if you doubt that Paris was made for love
The home of Piaf and Charles Aznavour
Must have done somethin right
And will so something more
If you don't think Paris was made for love
If he does get one more chance I suspect it won't be with the Lions.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The ruff Riders need receivers don't they? ...Nah they'd probably suit up Geroy ahead of signing Paris.
Rodu
Champion

DanoT wrote:The ruff Riders need receivers don't they? ...Nah they'd probably suit up Geroy ahead of signing Paris.
Weston Dresler's NFL tome may be running out, I don't think he has a catch in the pre season and is buried on the depth chart
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder if the Lions might be interested in signing Dressler ?