Argos vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

1st meeting of the year between David Braley's teams. Limping pride of Lions in Toronto to meet a team of equally injured Argos. Out of the lineup for the Lions are Dante Marsh, Josh Johnson, Jermarcus Hardrick and Andrew Harris. Short week for the Argos to prepare having played Tuesday. Lions need to take advantage and get off to a quick start and not wait til the 4th quarter to start playing.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

As expected, the Lions have put Jermarcus Hardrick on the 6-game IL and Dante Marsh and Josh Johnson one the 1-game IL for now. Andrew Harris is still on the roster but expected to be scratched. Lots of new starters: On defence Ronnie Yell starts for Marsh on one corner, T.J. Lee comes off the practice roster to start for Yell at the opposite corner, Torri Williams starts at nickel for Johnson and John Hardy-Tuliau at dimeback for Williams. On offence, Kirby Fabien starts for Hardrick at LG and Stefan Logan for Harris at RB.

The Argos get Jason Barnes back from injury but lose Mo Mann. That's an upgrade. Barnes and Ricky Ray have been playing catch against defences for years.

The Lions have to be considered underdogs. I hope they consider themselves underdogs. The only way they come out on top is to play aggressive enough to win most of the one-on-one battles and hope that their two QBs can match the performance of Ray.

Lions' roster and depth chart here.
leo4life
All Star

Another week another must win..with Esks,Stamps and Riders all winning the pressure is on to get out of cellar
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I think it will be a great game, as the Lions depth will more than adequately fill in for our injured starters...the key as always with the Lions is coaching...Washington must pressure Ray and on offence Jones must RUN the football...if we do these things, we will win, our talent is just too good and too deep.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I'm really not liking all those changes in the secondary and nickel as necessary as they are considering it's Ricky Ray on the other side of the ball. With the juggling of Yell to the other side that's 3 changes to the 6 positions between the secondary and nickelback. Ray will definitely be testing both corners.......a lot.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:I'm really not liking all those changes in the secondary and nickel as necessary as they are considering it's Ricky Ray on the other side of the ball. With the juggling of Yell to the other side that's 3 changes to the 6 positions between the secondary and nickelback. Ray will definitely be testing both corners.......a lot.
Since Yell is the heir apparent to replace Marsh when he retires in a few years, Yell might as well get some more experience at the short side corner where there is a lot more action than the wide side.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Hambone wrote:I'm really not liking all those changes in the secondary and nickel as necessary as they are considering it's Ricky Ray on the other side of the ball. With the juggling of Yell to the other side that's 3 changes to the 6 positions between the secondary and nickelback. Ray will definitely be testing both corners.......a lot.
Since Yell is the heir apparent to replace Marsh when he retires in a few years, Yell might as well get some more experience at the short side corner where there is a lot more action than the wide side.
Agree 100%...I will be watching Yell with a lot of interest today...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
notahomer
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:Agree 100%...I will be watching Yell with a lot of interest today...
I can't remember the last time I saw a BC Lion who was so steady on making the tackle... Oops now I've said that, he's due for a whiff. Seriously though, he wraps them up and takes them down.....
leo4life
All Star

Lions need to clone a few more Ronnie Yell's around the secondary...he can hit tackle wrap up and catch....Marsh may be in his last season...hes thrown too alot more this season
Qman
Champion

yeah baby ... wearing the greys today. lets kick toronto's a**.
JohnHenry
Champion

The Argos looked pretty good in their Tuesday game vs Wpg. I don't think the Lions match up very well with the Argos, with the weak pass rush giving Ray time to pick apart our makeshift secondary. On offence Logan seems to have lost a bit of the quickness he exhibited last year and previously in his career. Logan is only avg. 4.5 yds this year. But the main problem might be pass blocking for Glenn.

Argos RB Steele is a load to bring down especially if he gets a head of steam. The Lions might need Brown to break some big punt returns to put the offence in better scoring position.
Qman
Champion

C'mon and roar you Lions roar ....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice return to start the game.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Not a single flag more than 5mins in but could have our 1st one on this PI challenge from Milanovich.

This is taking too long. Objection overruled, no PI.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another excellent return by Brown plus a horse collar penalty.