Manny Arceneaux

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Been a fan since his first TC.

On his return I was very happy he chose the Lions.

Somewhat quiet it seems to me since that time.

Until ... Last game. Huge breakout.

Fast. Mobile. Reacts to the ball. Rangy. Big. Timing of his leaps. Run after catch. Joyful in his play. The DBs looked like little high school kids asked to cover Mervyn Fernandez. LOL

Yes. To me he looked a lot like Mervyn Fernandez.

I do not recall a guy going up for the ball so well, so easily, so dominant over the D, since, well, since Fernandez. The D is struggling to find the ball, to orient themselves, and there is Manny, up in the air, playing catch with the QB, who seemingly just has to chuck it up for Manny to go get. LOL

And no need for comparisons to a Lions icon. Manny is in his own orbit. Way up there. :thup:
Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
E. ARCENEAUX 8 145 3 35
He made it look easy.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:Been a fan since his first TC.

On his return I was very happy he chose the Lions.

Somewhat quiet it seems to me since that time.

Until ... Last game. Huge breakout.

Fast. Mobile. Reacts to the ball. Rangy. Big. Timing of his leaps. Run after catch. Joyful in his play. The DBs looked like little high school kids asked to cover Mervyn Fernandez. LOL

Yes. To me he looked a lot like Mervyn Fernandez.

And no need for comparisons to a Lions icon. Manny is in his own orbit. Way up there. :thup:
Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
E. ARCENEAUX 8 145 3 35
He made it look easy.
I dont think he is giving up on the Show. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I like the way Arceneaux goes and attacks the ball rather than wait for the ball to come to him. On his 2nd touchdown he went up and catches the ball although he was pretty well covered on the play.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I'm thinking Offensive player of the week this week.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

It was time for Manny to take his game to another level...he has been around a while now...he had the experience in MIN, he has a "young" body for his age...I have been expecting games like that from Manny...if he can maintain this, it is really going to help our O, and let the rest of the receivers continue to develop and gain more confidence.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I like the way Arceneaux goes and attacks the ball rather than wait for the ball to come to him. On his 2nd touchdown he went up and catches the ball although he was pretty well covered on the play.
Yep.....since Geroy and ABIII left, the Lions' receivers have been lacking that will to win the contested catch.......Arceneaux has it and hopefully it's infectious.
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I like the way Arceneaux goes and attacks the ball rather than wait for the ball to come to him. On his 2nd touchdown he went up and catches the ball although he was pretty well covered on the play.
Yep.....since Geroy and ABIII left, the Lions' receivers have been lacking that will to win the contested catch.......Arceneaux has it and hopefully it's infectious.
And CFL preseason fan favourite Adekolu waits his turn in this 'put in the time before real playing time' Lions organization. He seemed to have so desire to win the one on one battles.
Entertainment value = an all time low