Khalif Mitchell back with the Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

Rammer
Team Captain

squishy35 wrote:http://www.cfl.ca/article/report-could- ... back-to-bc

hold on to your seats.....
You like Khaliff Mitchell enough to retain your ST?
Entertainment value = an all time low
South Pender
Legend

He's exactly what the Lions need right now: a big, nasty, powerful 3-tech tackle who, along with Eric Taylor, could anchor the inside of the D-line. If he has learned how to conduct himself in an acceptable manner, I'd welcome him back with open arms.
squishy35
Legend

Rammer wrote:
squishy35 wrote:http://www.cfl.ca/article/report-could- ... back-to-bc

hold on to your seats.....
You like Khaliff Mitchell enough to retain your ST?

I was going to say hold on to your butts... but that would have been a Jurassic Park rip off.....

Mitchell, while he would add immediate depth to the DL, would have to rebuild a lot of bridges with existing Lions (Harris, etc)..... The fact that the orgainzation is holding talks, to me, means that he must have changed his attitude somewhat....?!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No interest in Mitchell down South ?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Other than bringing in an import punter and finishing runner-up in the Craig Butler sweepstakes, the idea of bringing back Mitchell is the Lions' most aggressive move this off season in a Grey Cup host year.

As discussed here at length, Mitchell was never adequately replaced and even his 2012 form would be a significant upgrade, never mind what he brought during the 2011 cup run. Will be interesting to see where this goes. Mitchell always loved his time here and was furious when Wally dealt him.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Mitchell shouldn't even be in the league, let alone in lions uniform.

shame on wally if he is even thinking of bringing this trash back.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
notahomer
Hall of Famer

:shock: If Mitchell gets results without tipping the balance (if there is one) amongst the players, I guess he should come back. Wasn't Andrew Harris happy to see him gone...? IMO, anything to get pressure on QB's like Durant, I'm all for but I realize team culture is important too......
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:No interest in Mitchell down South ?
Nor Keron Williams nor Ted Laurent, apparently. All three players could come crawling back to the CFL.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I was never in favour of trading Mitchell without an adequate replacement, and that never happened. So if he can still play (he had a very good season in TO last year) then by all means. He would be a big addition for this team's defence IMO. As for Mitchell's behaviour, he isn't a problem child with the things he does, its the things he says...he's a child in an adult's body...this is WAY more common then people like to think. If the Lion's want to bring him back then they need to work with Mitchell to help him to understand that we are all connected...and that "hating" on someone, is just "hating" on yourself. As Carl Sagan said, we are all made up of the same space stuff that embodies EVERY particle in the Universe.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
cromartie
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:Mitchell shouldn't even be in the league, let alone in lions uniform.

shame on wally if he is even thinking of bringing this trash back.
Not a big fan of accepting apologies, are we?
squishy35
Legend

MexicoLionFan wrote:I was never in favour of trading Mitchell without an adequate replacement, and that never happened. So if he can still play (he had a very good season in TO last year) then by all means. He would be a big addition for this team's defence IMO. As for Mitchell's behaviour, he isn't a problem child with the things he does, its the things he says...he's a child in an adult's body...this is WAY more common then people like to think. If the Lion's want to bring him back then they need to work with Mitchell to help him to understand that we are all connected...and that "hating" on someone, is just "hating" on yourself. As Carl Sagan said, we are all made up of the same space stuff that embodies EVERY particle in the Universe.

Sagan's the Dude :thup:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

At the time of the trade I thought it was a good public relations move and worth it for what the Lions got in return which was Cord Parks, even though the Lions did not really have a replacement for Mitchell.
I do believe in second chances and Michell's behaviour was fine last year as an Argo AFAIK.

I'm a little surprised that if Barker released him to pursue the NFL, wouldn't they have had a sort of verbal understanding that Mitchell would return to the Argos if the NFL didn't work out? OTOH Michell may have hired Ricky Foley as an adviser. :popcorn:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h

Khalif Mitchell's agent reached out to the #BCLions to see if they had interest about 4 weeks ago.

#BCLions gm Wally Buono has not made an offer to Mitchell and is talking with management and ownership about Mitchell.

Buono won't make an offer till the whole organization is on the same page about Mitchell.
Lloyd
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h

Khalif Mitchell's agent reached out to the #BCLions to see if they had interest about 4 weeks ago.

#BCLions gm Wally Buono has not made an offer to Mitchell and is talking with management and ownership about Mitchell.

Buono won't make an offer till the whole organization is on the same page about Mitchell.
Ownership is the key here. Aside from the character issues (remember the Asian slur?) that arose in B.C., Jim Barker will let ownership know if he believes he had a deal with Mitchell to return to the Argos. I don't think David Braley wants one of his teams to stab the other in the back and rob them of an all-star player.