Edmonton can still have an impact.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

As much as Edmonton looks like a mess I'm glad the Lions only face them one more time. On the other hand Calgary and Saskatchewan both have 2 games left with the Esks. At 1-8 they are very much poised to play the classic spoiler role coming down the stretch. The offence is showing they can put up points. They are for all intents no longer in a playoff race in the West. Even if BC were to go 4-5 the rest of the way Edmonton would have to go 9-0 to sneak into 3rd. Realistically they will probably have to go at least 5-4 if not 6-3 to have a shot at a crossover. Even at 6-3 if both Hamilton and Montreal win 3 of their remaining 9 there is no crossover. When teams find themselves unencumbered by playoff race pressure they loosen up and start playing for their own pride and jobs for the following season. They then become very dangerous to teams still vying for playoff position.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

The Esks could poae a problem as spoilers, but the flaw to that is the Kions face the two best teams in the CFL in 5 of their 9 remaining games. I would gladly have the Esks substitute in for 2 or 3 of those matches, as every loss in those 5 games puts the Lions closer to a road pplayoff game than any loss to the Esks. But I hear you on losing a game that should be a free space on the bingo card or has been.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:The Esks could poae a problem as spoilers, but the flaw to that is the Kions face the two best teams in the CFL in 5 of their 9 remaining games. I would gladly have the Esks substitute in for 2 or 3 of those matches, as every loss in those 5 games puts the Lions closer to a road pplayoff game than any loss to the Esks. But I hear you on losing a game that should be a free space on the bingo card or has been.
Glass half full or half empty? I'd rather have five games with the teams ahead of the Lions. The Riders are slowing down after a hot start, and Calgary's QB woes are mounting with the injury to Kevin Glenn. The Lions are in good position to make a second-half run.
Rammer
Team Captain

Agree on the Riders slowing down, but that may be more due to the opposition motivation than ability for their OL to dominate when the opponent brings some more focus to the table. Hopefully we don't have to count on the Stamps QB woes to allow us to take those two games.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

The Lions have a peculiar habit of playing down...or up..to the level of the opponent.

As such, they may give the Wheaties one helluva run for their chaff, and fold like a lawn chair to the Esks in the remaining tilt.

I'm currently working on a way to blame Chapdelaine for this phenomenon. Stay tuned.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Tonight's torrential downpour and lightning storm is all Chapdelaine's fault. :wink:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Tonight's torrential downpour and lightning storm is all Chapdelaine's fault. :wink:
Well, what do you expect when the German word for lightning is Blitz? :D
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.