manning park which radio station if any?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

bbang
Starter

Going to Lightning Lake in Manning Park this long weekend. Can anybody tell me which radio station I can catch the Lions game on. If there even is radio reception in that area. Thanks, Go Leos!
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
pennw
Legend

My guess would be none . Maybe satellite ? Or PVR?
CardiacKid
Legend

You would be hard-pressed to get any stations over in Manning Park. When we have been camping during a Lions' game, we have used my wife's iPhone to get the live stream from the Teamradio website or via an app like Tunein Radio. Not sure what the cell phone reception is like in Manning Park....
princetonfan
Rookie

I live in Princeton (just past the park)
Cell service is non-existant so I would say your only reliable way to catch the game is on Sirius satellite radio, You could always go to the lodge and ask if they will put the game on the TV for you or Princeton is only 45mins down the road so maybe you will need to come to town for "supplies" :beauty:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

If you have Sirius satellite radio CFL games are usually on channel 157 (sometimes 158) with the home team's broadcast. Failing that you'd be surprised how well AM signals travel especially when the vehicle isn't running. Having said that they don't usually carry nearly as strongly in the summer as winter or during the day as they do at night. I was listening to Team 1040 driving to work at 6:30 this morning from Invermere to Canal Flats. It probably faded away shortly after. I used to pick up 1040 clear as a bell in Fort St. John in the winter and all the way back to Prince George. In the summer though not at all. In October 2008 I was able to pick up the signal, albeit very weak, and listen to a Lions game while driving through Grand Forks, North Dakota. Can't remember if it was NW or the Team back then. If wherever you're at in Manning you can park you vehicle close enough to your campsite/cabin you may find you can pick it up and listen to it from the comfort of the lawnchairs at the campfire. If not make up some excuse to the wife/girlfriend that you forgot something and have to go to the store. Then take a 6 pack and head for some location at higher elevation. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:If you have Sirius satellite radio CFL games are usually on channel 157 (sometimes 158) with the home team's broadcast. Failing that you'd be surprised how well AM signals travel especially when the vehicle isn't running. Having said that they don't usually carry nearly as strongly in the summer as winter or during the day as they do at night. I was listening to Team 1040 driving to work at 6:30 this morning from Invermere to Canal Flats. It probably faded away shortly after. I used to pick up 1040 clear as a bell in Fort St. John in the winter and all the way back to Prince George. In the summer though not at all. In October 2008 I was able to pick up the signal, albeit very weak, and listen to a Lions game while driving through Grand Forks, North Dakota. Can't remember if it was NW or the Team back then. If wherever you're at in Manning you can park you vehicle close enough to your campsite/cabin you may find you can pick it up and listen to it from the comfort of the lawnchairs at the campfire. If not make up some excuse to the wife/girlfriend that you forgot something and have to go to the store. Then take a 6 pack and head for some location at higher elevation. :wink:
Drove through Manning Park last weekend and had a good reception to the TEAM 1040, however there were definitely soft spots and I am not sure whether or not 1410 broadcasts at the same signal strength as 1040.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:In October 2008 I was able to pick up the signal, albeit very weak, and listen to a Lions game while driving through Grand Forks, North Dakota. Can't remember if it was NW or the Team back then.
IIRC only the first year of the Buono era (2003) was carried by NW. Pretty sure the Lions were on Team Radio by Oct 2008, although I'm not sure if they were on 1040 or 1410 by that time.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Go watch the game over a pint or two in the Bear's Den pub in Manning Park Resort. :beer: