As per ESPN...Jon Chick's Season Over

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MexicoLionFan
Legend

Too bad, he was getting more and more reps each week and playing well...a torn patella tendon...not good.

John Chick's first season with the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars ended prematurely.

The former Saskatchewan Roughriders' defensive end was placed on the injuredreserved list Tuesday, ending his 2011 season. Chick suffered a severe right knee injury during the second quarter of Monday's 38-14 loss to the visiting San Diego Chargers. Chick, the CFL's most outstanding defensive player in 2009, is believed to have suffered a torn patella tendon.

Chick had dressed for 13 games, recording 2.5 sacks and seven defensive tackles.

Chick joined the Jaguars after spending the 2010 season on the Indianapolis Colts' practice roster. He was released after the Colts' training camp and was picked up by the Jaguars. He recorded his first NFL sack against Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton on Oct. 9.

Chick, 28, played with the Roughriders from 2007 through to 2009. He was a CFL all-star in 2009 as well as the league's most outstanding defensive player.

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Knee+inj ... z1fs2CGgo5
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Buonosjanet69
Starter

I's it just me or is that font all techno blue?

painful injury indeed.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Buonosjanet69 wrote:I's it just me or is that font all techno blue?
And painful to read.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

It's kind of psychedelic...

Albert Einstein
joe kapp22
Legend

Patella tears are among the toughest injuries to come back from 100%.

Wish him well, was watching that game just to see him play as I love it when a CFL guy goes south and kicks some ass to the "surprise" of the naysayers of the quality of athletes in the CFL.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
LFITQ
Team Captain

We are talking about this "John Chick" correct?

Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
David
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Buonosjanet69 wrote:I's it just me or is that font all techno blue?
And painful to read.
I've edited MLF's post to make the font color easier to read. It's now "Lion Orange." :roar:
LFITQ wrote: We are talking about this "John Chick" correct?
LOL, great job on the thought bubbles, LFITQ! I vividly recall that play. Chick was lucky to escape with his life. Murph just snapped!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
LFITQ
Team Captain

He should be sending Murphy part of his paycheque for letting him live.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I forgot that was Chick...that was one of the most amazing things I ever saw...the way Murphy manhandled him...the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Murphy and Jimenez at tackles were amazing to experience...that is why to me, Murphy will always be the all time LT for the Lions...and I say that with great respect to John Blain and Jim Mills...Murphy I think had the 2 or 3 best seasons that a CFL LT EVER had...EVER!

Albert Einstein