Wife of Jason Jimenez beaks off on Twitter!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Opening a Twitter account ought to come with a set of instructions and a protocol manual. Re-read and think twice before you hit "enter."

Seems the wife of Jason Jimenez is not too happy about hubby being benched this Saturday, for allegedly taking too many dumb penalties story here. Among her grievances:
• Apparently my husband is supposed to be per fect all the time. He is being sat down this week because he had one offsides penalty last game.

• Same rules not for everyone though. Its ok for other guys to get penalties. Jason is the only one punished.

• sit your best tackle against the hottest team in the CFL? Way to try to win #Ticats!

• And my opinions are my own, not jason's. I've been quiet all season but now I've had enough. This season has been ridiculous.
Oh well. At least our players don't have to worry about having their knees taken out by a guy running around making late cut blocks. :tp:

Oops. Sorry. I meant, "playing to the whistle." :clown:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Opening a Twitter account ought to come with a set of instructions and a protocol manual. Re-read and think twice before you hit "enter."

Seems the wife of Jason Jimenez is not too happy about hubby being benched this Saturday, for allegedly taking too many dumb penalties story here. Among her grievances:
• Apparently my husband is supposed to be per fect all the time. He is being sat down this week because he had one offsides penalty last game.

• Same rules not for everyone though. Its ok for other guys to get penalties. Jason is the only one punished.

• sit your best tackle against the hottest team in the CFL? Way to try to win #Ticats!

• And my opinions are my own, not jason's. I've been quiet all season but now I've had enough. This season has been ridiculous.
Oh well. At least our players don't have to worry about having their knees taken out by a guy running around making late cut blocks. :tp:

Jimenez seems to have something other than a team first attitude. And it seems his wife is Ennabler #1.

The coaches might have thought he would have further vengeance in mind against the Lions.

A guy that big (usually the biggest guy on his football team: That is big!), with such a violent attitude is kind of scary. Just as well he is not playing against the Lions.

I once thought his roll up of that young Eskimo player, whose career he ended, was an "accident." Not so much anymore. His rollup attempt against Brent Johnson was all too obvious and evident. :thdn:
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
David wrote:Opening a Twitter account ought to come with a set of instructions and a protocol manual. Re-read and think twice before you hit "enter."

Jimenez seems to have something other than a team first attitude. And it seems his wife is Ennabler #1.

The coaches might have thought he would have further vengeance in mind against the Lions.

A guy that big (usually the biggest guy on his football team: That is big!), with such a violent attitude is kind of scary. Just as well he is not playing against the Lions.

I once thought his roll up of that young Eskimo player, whose career he ended, was an "accident." Not so much anymore. His rollup attempt against Brent Johnson was all too obvious and evident. :thdn:
On the roll up of the Stamps player, he perhaps didn't try to injure him, but he went beyond his control area to take him out. That said, the reason you don't attempt that play is/was evident on the BJ attempt, you are dealing with players careers.

On his wife's twitter comments, I have to say that Jimenez has had more than his fair share of penalties, especially jumping early on plays. He had one great season in BC, the season after his now infamous incident. That tells me he can control himself, especially when the spotlight is on.

Edit: Corrected the team on the Jimenez incident.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

He was actually a "Calgary Stampeder" not an Eskimo. His name was Anthony Gargiulo. He never played again.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:He was actually a "Calgary Stampeder" not an Eskimo. His name was Anthony Gargiulo. He never played again.

Good one, David. Did you actually remember his name? Or did you Google it? Ha ha
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
David wrote:He was actually a "Calgary Stampeder" not an Eskimo. His name was Anthony Gargiulo. He never played again.

Good one, David. Did you actually remember his name? Or did you Google it? Ha ha

Haha, for some reason, I can vividly recall the play, so it was easy to remember his name. But I did verify its spelling via Google (had the spelling right too)!

Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Memo to Mrs. Jimenez::

:violin: :violin:
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

David wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:

Haha, for some reason, I can vividly recall the play, so it was easy to remember his name. But I did verify its spelling via Google (had the spelling right too)!

I recall the penalty call and ejection and the long discussion about it, in the broadcast of the game and in the media for several days afterward, but as I recall the actual infraction got missed by all the cameras. Did you see something the rest of us didn't?
Zarquon
Champion

Well afterward the game film was shown and you could see Jimenez roll up on Gargiulo leg but you miss the circumstances why. You do see a ref looking in that direction throw the flag immediately.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

The circumstances of that one were a bit murky. Jimenenez was in a car accident earlier that day and claimed to have had his knee dinged up as a result. He later said that when he rolled up on the player is was because his knee gave out and he collapsed into the back of the player. Of course the Stampeders Fans and a fair number of Riders fans accused Buono of holding back the video evidence of the hit. It was team video that was even close to seeing what happened. As it was the footage only showed the immediate aftermath of the collision and not much leading up to it. As a consequence it was basically the word of Jimenez that it had occurred as he claimed.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I believed in Jason's innocence on the hit on the Calgary player (I don't believe that now) and I thought the reason for the Lions getting rid of him to have a lot to do with his mouth and an unwillingness to play/block the way the coaches wanted. But after the hit on Brent Johnson my opinion of Jimenez changed and I was glad the Lions had "gone in a different direction" with him.
Big Time
Champion

There was never any clear video of the hit. The best was a very grainy video that only caught it from the side of the incident.

Interestingly, it was RIders fans that were more up and arms that year about the hit than Stamps fans.

The JJ hit on Brent Johnson convinced me that JJ is a dirty and cheap player. His attitude also seems pretty poor. Glad he's not on our team anymore.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:There was never any clear video of the hit. The best was a very grainy video that only caught it from the side of the incident.

Interestingly, it was RIders fans that were more up and arms that year about the hit than Stamps fans.

The JJ hit on Brent Johnson convinced me that JJ is a dirty and cheap player. His attitude also seems pretty poor. Glad he's not on our team anymore.
He seems to have some paranoia, as expressed in emails to local reporters. If he has that attitude then he may well see football opponents as "the enemy." Take no prisoners.

I vaguely recall his articles written here in Vancouver. I believe he held up the US medical system as being superior to the Canadian health care system. Hmmmmmmm
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:The circumstances of that one were a bit murky. Jimenenez was in a car accident earlier that day and claimed to have had his knee dinged up as a result. He later said that when he rolled up on the player is was because his knee gave out and he collapsed into the back of the player. Of course the Stampeders Fans and a fair number of Riders fans accused Buono of holding back the video evidence of the hit. It was team video that was even close to seeing what happened. As it was the footage only showed the immediate aftermath of the collision and not much leading up to it. As a consequence it was basically the word of Jimenez that it had occurred as he claimed.
I am going to have to look up to see if Tillman and Jimenez have the same agent, what a crock of an excuse.
Entertainment value = an all time low
2011LionKing
prospect

Lets state eight true points

1. Jason Jimenez played hard and served the team sufficiently while he was here. We did win a lot of games with him at Right tackle.
2. He was complimented with a strong O line and he played well at times and deserves this to be remembered
3. He was not coachable the final year of his tenure here and was a disruptive presence on the O line and Dan the Man had had enough of his
challenging and destructive to the team antics.
4. He has the full physical repetoire to be a dominant Right tackle and would have been in the NFL but for one key component. He lacks the critical
ability to control his emotions and as a result is too much of a liability for the disciplined and structured NFL program. He has a serious beef with
the LIons and their coaching staff and the ill will runs real deep. He has a deep seated hatred for authority and especially the ultra disciplined
approach that Dorazio and Wally demand. The disdain for this disciplined authority was too much for him and he was non compliant on many
of the drills at practice and show utter contempt for the Lions coaching staff.
5. Getting shipped out to Hamilton is purgatory in the CFL and the anger came to a boil in the game last year as JJ was out to show everyone that
he was not to be disrespected at least in his own mind. BJ was just convenient. There was nothing personal involved as the two never spoke as
teammates ( offense and defense ) and it was rather an attempt to show Wally and Co that they couldnt control him.
6. This anger still burns strong and i commend Wally for the fact that his team is a very respectful and disciplined group and he puts team first over
all else. Even if it means losing a good player who is more destructive to a team than any good that player may bring. IE ( Jerome Messam )
7. I think that Hamiltons Decision to not play the uncoachable Jimenez this weekend shows total class and it starts with O.Billovich on down.
8. Some guys will be loved forever for what they bring to the table and will be remembered long after their career ends and others will be totally
forgotten inspite of the God given talent and gift that they were given. Unfortunate that his wife doesnt understand and care enough for him to
show him what his anger blinds him toward.