Lions vs. Riders Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Battle between the two hottest teams in the CFL. A Lion win will pull them within 2 points of Edmonton who they play next week at BC Place.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Battle between the two hottest teams in the CFL. A Lion win will pull them within 2 points of Edmonton who they play next week at BC Place.
Hot in more ways than one. The forecast high in Regina is 31 C.

A B.C. win and Calgary loss on Sunday would mean the B.C. Place opener with the Esks would be for a share of first place.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Battle between the two hottest teams in the CFL. A Lion win will pull them within 2 points of Edmonton who they play next week at BC Place.
Hot in more ways than one. The forecast high in Regina is 31 C.

A B.C. win and Calgary loss on Sunday would mean the B.C. Place opener with the Esks would be for a share of first place.
That is mind-blowing IMO. I was really tough on the Coaches earlier this season and even questioned some of the attempts to right things by Buono. I guess I'm gonna have to pre-heat the oven, I'm guessing and HOPING that a big serving of :crow: is going to be on my dinner plate soon.
dpoe
Starter

So then, prediction time...

Lions will dominate defensively in this one and the running game hits its stride:

BC 31
Riders 8

It's gonna be fun to watch
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

7 weeks ago when the 0-5 Lions hosted the 1-4 Riders, who would have imagined that today we'd be anticipating the marquis game on the schedule between the two hottest teams in the league. A win and we not only pull 4 points ahead, but we will own the tie breaker (it seems like years since we've held advantage over a division rival). Win and we can seriously think about hosting a home playoff game, possibly even the WDF. Lose and we've got a dog fight just to make the playoffs.

This is with out a doubt the biggest game of the year to date! Playing at home will give the Riders a boost, but our defense and our newly discovered running game could take the crowd out of it early.

I've been reluctant to believe the Lions would not find ways to lose the games they should win, but slowly they are showing me that they have the mental fortitude to get the job done. I really like the attitude they team has shown in the last few weeks that "the next game" is the most important game. That next game is today and it should be a great one! GO LEOS!!!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

And best of all it's on NFL Network which I get! Gotta love pirated cable TV in Belize!
joe kapp22
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:And best of all it's on NFL Network which I get! Gotta love pirated cable TV in Belize!

Fortunately ESPN3 has carried the entire CFL schedule, so I've yet to have to find a stream for the game, but am glad there are some out there!

I normally turn off the announcers and listen to the radio call of the game as they focus solely on BC (more or less) and Team 1410 has not had the hiccups about making the game available outside of Canada this yr.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

the stubblejumper fans are going to go berserk for some Lion Blood. it'll be a blast even on tv. gotta give'em an A+ for enthusiasm.
joe kapp22
Legend

Hot day on the prairie, expected temps 27-28 C, which in US measurements means..104 degrees Fahrenheit?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
joe kapp22
Legend

One more road to cross, one more risk to take.
Last edited by joe kapp22 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:
joe kapp22 wrote:Hot day on the prairie, expected temps 27-28 C, which in US measurements means..104 degrees Fahrenheit?
Which will mean the possession game will be even more important than it usually is. I'd love to see that Saskatchewan D sucking wind and dropping from heat cramps late in the 4th.

Cheers,

James
it will also mean a lot more beer will be drank by watermelon heads. the "mosaic massive" could get quite rowdy today. more reason why we need some long, time consuming drives, punctuated with lots of 2 and outs forced by our D to keep the crowd out of this one. hopefully the rath of the watermelon heads will be directed at Durant and not the guys in orange and white.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

we'll go up one side of'em and down the other.
Stresd
Rookie

gag..what did we do wrong to get Black and Ford covering the game?