New Lions BC Place POSTERS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Saw a new 'pride of bc Lions' poster today. Got Sol E., Brown and Gore on it and the new roof shot including BC Place. Look for it around town....
Last edited by notahomer on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

nice! thanks for the heads up!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
D
Team Captain

I caught that oughtta the corner of my eye today
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

D wrote:I caught that oughtta the corner of my eye today
You must have very funny shaped eyes then. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
D
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
Thanks for noticing :tease:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

and speaking of the new BC Place, have you guys looked at the webcams recently? the stadium is coming together so nicely! now theyre putting the scoreboard together, its gonna be HUGE! http://www.bcplacestadium.com/index.php ... ction.html
2012 Season Ticket Holder
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Spotted another new Lions poster that has a team helmet rather than players, featuring the new roof on stadium. Obviously the Lions are looking for big crowds to fill the place come EsksvsLions.... New ad campaign perhaps?

Try winning, it works wonders....
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rammer wrote:

No spell check. He meant cornea.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:Spotted another new Lions poster that has a team helmet rather than players, featuring the new roof on stadium. Obviously the Lions are looking for big crowds to fill the place come EsksvsLions.... New ad campaign perhaps?

Try winning, it works wonders....
I read on 8/15 that Braley wants a sellout. As of that date, the club had sold 24,000 tickets for September 30 (SOURCE: NEWS1130).

Sell-out might be a stretch, but if club continues to win and we get closer to completion date with all the hype and buzz, I can see them moving a lot of tickets. Remember, a sell-out is no longer 60,000. They're a little under half way there with nearly 6 weeks 'til launch date.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Okay, I gotta give a Riders fan some credit here. An excellent piece of graffitti, IMO.

Some Rider fan has painted over the P in Pride and turned the word into Riders on one of the new BC place posters. Its at Main and Broadway (south bus shelter right outside Tim Hortons). As a Lions fan I should be angry I guess. But I'm not. I gotta give this Melonhead some props for some creative thinking. Besides, anytime the CFL is getting talked about within a week of a Canucks training camp, I'm happy.

There has been some of this teambashing occuring in various CFL cities the past few weeks. IIRC, the Eskimos had some kind of billboard right outside McMahon and some Stampeder fans defaced it. Also, both the Riders and BOmbers clubs bought billboards in each others towns. Good fun in my mind. The Lions/BC Place/Translink may not like the defaced bus shelter/poster but it got a chuckle out of me and I feel I bleed orange.........
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:Okay, I gotta give a Riders fan some credit here. An excellent piece of graffitti, IMO.

Some Rider fan has painted over the P in Pride and turned the word into Riders on one of the new BC place posters. Its at Main and Broadway (south bus shelter right outside Tim Hortons). As a Lions fan I should be angry I guess. But I'm not. I gotta give this Melonhead some props for some creative thinking. Besides, anytime the CFL is getting talked about within a week of a Canucks training camp, I'm happy.

There has been some of this teambashing occuring in various CFL cities the past few weeks. IIRC, the Eskimos had some kind of billboard right outside McMahon and some Stampeder fans defaced it. Also, both the Riders and BOmbers clubs bought billboards in each others towns. Good fun in my mind. The Lions/BC Place/Translink may not like the defaced bus shelter/poster but it got a chuckle out of me and I feel I bleed orange.........

Just shows me that the Rider fans want to become part of the Lions PRIDE. :cool:
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The posters are suppossed to say:

A place PRIDE calls home

The 'editted' version says:

A place RIDERS calls home

Like you said, its great Melonheads want to be part of Lions Pride........