Calgary or Sask. in the West Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who is everyone pulling for in the Western final now.

Poll ended at Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Calgary
72%
Saskatchewan
28%

Total votes: 29
prairielion
Starter

Who is everyone pulling for in the Western final?
Last edited by prairielion on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
prairielion
Starter

Have to say that I'm hoping for Calgary as I still can't cheer for the Riders.
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

in the western, I am 65% riders

in the eastern, I am 100% argos and 100% anybody but montreal
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
hwgill
Legend

I can never cheer for the team that knocks the Leos out of contention, even if I didn't expect them to win.

In the East...Go Als!
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

The wound is too fresh for me to get behind the Riders yet... maybe by next weekend I will be pulling for them, but right now I don't give 2 craps who plays in the Grey Cup. Maybe if Hamilton had won today I could rally behind them, but no way I could ever cheer for a Toronto team. Montreal, meh. Calgary, meh. That leaves Saskatchewan, which under other circumstances I might be able to pull for. But not yet.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I must continue to insist for a meteor option in these polls.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

No preference.

Loved the atmosphere in Regina. Wow.

Should be a great western final. Wouldn't mind seeing Miller win a Cup. Hugnagel has my respect for his coaching ability. Slight edge to Riders for nice guy Miller.

Argos vs Als. No preference. I like the football philosophy of both coaches. Talent favours the Alouettes. Argo win would be a shocker.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Go Wheaties. I respect the Stamps coaching staff and guys like Reynolds, Cornish and Tate, but have no use for Whinin' Frank, showboating receivers, and the dirtiest defence I've seen in a long time.

Argos In the east. Though it would be nice to see them win with Murphy and Foley on crutches on the sidelines.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Go Stamps
Spud387
Champion

I can't cheer for the Riders.

It'll be Calgary out of the West or anybody from the East
notahomer
Hall of Famer

As for the football teams themselves I actually prefer more Riders (Clermont, Fantuz) than I do Stamps. In fact Lewis/Burris have kind of annoyed me this season. But, I'm gonna root for the Stamps because I don't want to hear Watermelonites bragging about their big win. Of the teams left, I want the Al's to win but thats me.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Could never cheer for the Riders. Their fans are like Leaf fans, loud and obnoxious even though they've won jack-all. Which Lionbacker had the "How Rider fans spell dynasty? O-N-E." sig? That was awesome.

Cheering for the Stamps in the WDF, only for them to be boatraced by the Als in the Great Cup. :beauty:
D
Team Captain

In the west I'll cheer for the Riders ... in the east the Als ... but I'll cheer for whoever gets out of the west in the GC
I own The Grey Cup! .com
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

wouldnt it be fitting for lions fans to cheer on Braley's other team to win the cup.

the idea of the underdog argos sort of emulating the 94 leos kinda tickles my fancy.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
lion24
Legend

I have to be honest, I will cheer for anyone against the Riders. There was a time when I hated the Eskimos the most because of the fact of living here I suppose and dealing with the fans here. However, in the past few years the Riders and their fans have surpassed the Esks for me. I just find them overbearing and obnoxious. I get tired of hearing everything Rider on telecasts etc, on the damn loonie, 100 years whatever. I feel sometimes all other fans are overlooked as the Rider fans are the greatest and everyone else is second class. It is funny around here(in Edmonton and area) how everyone is all of a sudden a bandwagon Rider fan; where were they when they sucked?? I am proud to be a Lion fan here as there are not many and I live and die with this team, I was very proud of their effort and would have been thrilled to get rid of the Riders so they could eat some humble pie. So in any case go Stamps, Riders, Als!!!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP