Lions and Bombers Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions need a win to keep the distance between them and the Schmoes. Let's hope they don't play like turkeys this afternoon.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Looking forward to it.

Our defence is looking strong.

STs with Yonus Davis have been giving us great field position.

Will we feature the running game? It can take the pass rush out of the game.

Will we have an anti blitz attitude? If not, IMO our chances of playoff success will be slim.

Just another "playoff" game for us. Should be a good one .
pennw
Legend

I like seeing the Bombers going to their back-up QB . It seems like a desperation move on their part . How good is this guy ? Doesn't seem like a particularly smart move considering the position they are in . Our D is pretty good now , don't know if I'd just throw a rookie out there . I know we started Lulay , but he's had a few starts already and we had no choice with the way Printers had performed as of late .
I tried to check out the Ourbomber site and it seems it has gone all goofy over there with continuous warnings popping up that it is an attack site .
pennw
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:Looking forward to it.

Our defence is looking strong.

STs with Yonus Davis have been giving us great field position.

Will we feature the running game? It can take the pass rush out of the game.

Will we have an anti blitz attitude? If not, IMO our chances of playoff success will be slim.

Just another "playoff" game for us. Should be a good one .
For us though we can't keep expecting our return guy to keep win games for us by getting us into FG range all the time . We will need our O to get itself together at some point . Still Lulay should get better with more time . The win last week should help his confidence .
joe kapp22
Legend

Seems forever since we played, Wpg has their backs against the wall and they know it, and we know it.

Should be interesting to see how each team responds.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

Odds have got to be in our favor - our offensive has got to have a good game one of these day and when it does it'll be goodnight Irene.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

This will be a telling game the Lions are about to play…

Can they break the win, win, lose pattern and parley a third consecutive victory today, or will they regress back to strictly “Chap ball” conservatism, which has haunted them all season long?

Which Lions team will take the field at Canad Inns Stadium this afternoon?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
ziggy
Legend

I wish we had a win, win, lose pattern at the start of the season!
squishy35
Legend

I wonder how short of a leash Wally will have on Lulay today....? Obviously if he continues with his play from the 2nd half of last week's game, he will go the distance.

If he should come out of the gates sluggish, given the importance of winning this one and solidifying 3rd place in the west, does Printers go in at the 2nd quarter or 2nd Half.

I just hope that the team finds its groove early and moves the ball well all game.
joe kapp22
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:This will be a telling game the Lions are about to play…

Can they break the win, win, lose pattern and parley a third consecutive victory today, or will they regress back to strictly “Chap ball” conservatism, which has haunted them all season long?

Which Lions team will take the field at Canad Inns Stadium this afternoon?
A good team wins this game, if we are to make noise in the playoffs, we have to win today.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
sasklionsfan
Rookie

We better not lay an egg today. I've seen Brink play in spot duty this season and he looked horrible. Even with more practice hes still a rookie.
If we keep our defense aggressive and confusing this should be a walk in the park.
We need rollouts and screens to keep willis and hunt off lulay.
We need to stay away from chap ball, because conservatism has only hurt us in the long run.
Yonus has to keep doing his thing.
We need to get Robertson some yards, or if he isn't getting it done, Davis some carries to the edge of the defense.
Palardy is most likely doing the punting today as apparently Renaud got hurt last week, so we may be able to break one this week if he can't consistently keep the ball away from Yonus.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Mtl 46 - Cal 19

Good to see.

Bring Calgary back to earth. Nice to see them get beaten. No clear-cut dominant team in the league. Bodes well for the Lions.

Especially since Saskatchewan is also vulnerable. "Sass Cat Chewin old socks." (I just made that up, Rammer)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Dunigan says Buono admitted they didn't take the strings off of Lulay until the second half last week.

Well, I think many of us would have said that was how it looked.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

We also need to win to be the only Western team to pull off a win :roar:
Real women wear orange!!