Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SouthLondonNick
prospect

Hey everyone.

I'm a 30 year old Brit who moved to Vancouver from London in September 2020. Massive football (soccer) fan who had a season ticket at Charlton Athletic for 15 years before moving here. I have enjoyed watching the CFL and NFL since arriving at these shores and I'll be honest; I had never heard of the CFL (or the NHL) before I moved here.

I watched all the games last year during our short and generally unsuccessful season and that's all the knowledge I have. I gather the fanbase was largely supportive of Reilly and was sad to see him hang up his boots but like others, I am hopeful that Rourke can freshen things up this year. The friendly game vs Sask last Friday was encouraging.

Doing a CFL away day is on my bucket list. I'm going to watch us play the Argonauts in October as I have a friend who lives that way.

Hope to speak to you all more this season and thanks for having me!
David
Team Captain

Welcome SouthLondonNick!

I am also a Brit (well, indirectly. My parents moved to Vancouver from London 3 years prior to my being born. My mother is from Catford...quite close to Charlton). My father was a massive Chelsea supporter but became a Lions' fan when he came here and introduced me to this wonderful game of Canadian football (thanks Dad!).

I am a season ticket holder for the Leos but love to travel around this great country and experience CFL football in other parks. I am flying to Montreal for the Alouettes/B.C. game on September 9. I can't wait. My partner and I will be flying from London (holiday) to Montreal for the game.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Archie Oogly
prospect

I am originally from Regina who now lives in Edmonton. My company had business with the riders and no longer does. My lifetime allegiance has been thwarted and since i still watch the CFL, figured i would cheer for BC. New owner is doing good things, plus i want to move to the lower mainland someday...
Ryan_USA
prospect

Totally missed this haha!

As I put in the other thread, wanted a football team to follow in the offseason of the NFL, so landed on the Lions due to their colors and history. Follow the Commanders in the NFL, and lover of all things beer.

Live in North Carolina.
'I get no respect'-Rodney Dangerfield

:bc:
Walt67
Starter

Hi everyone,
I've been sounding off a good deal lately so time for an intro.

Back in 1963, my 9th birthday was absolutely crushed when Angelo Mosca infamously hit Willie Fleming on the Empire Stadium sidelines and I failed to get my fondest present - a Grey Cup win. That would happen next year, after I proudly joined the Woodward's Quarterback club - wasn't it a great time when kids could go to games on their own?

Clearly, I started bleeding Orange early. And little wonder. With the minor-league Canucks drawing 2,500 fans at the PNE Forum, it was the Lions that were the dominant big league team. We had Joe Kapp selling peanut butter in football-shaped plastic containers while Willie Fleming sold hip clothes out of his Lions Den boutique. We had two great seasons (63-64) before the Leos hit the all-too-common skids - but it was enough.

My passion for the Lions and sports have stayed with me ever since. In the 80's I even had a chance to cover sports in Kamloops and Vancouver back in the days when newspapers had well-staffed sports departments - and papers covered games in the final print edition.

These days I like the Lions because they strive to remain accessible for average fans - and because you can expect your CFL city to actually win a title once a decade (do we really need a 34-team NHL?). It's exciting to see Amar Doman spend and work to "make the Lions great again" -- and unleash the passion of a fan base that just wanted a reason to come back. Sometimes I care too much and can't enjoy the game - always waiting to see if there is a flag or if we'll squander a lead - but that is the price of true fan-dom. It isn't meant to be logical.
Go Lions.
don corleone
Starter

Hello, My name is don and I am a CFL football fan.

I claim no regional affiliation until such time as they award a franchise to the City of Thunder Bay and don't hold your breath on that. Our main game plan will be to pelt the opposing team with Finnish pancakes. Please wave as you fly over.

I watch all CFL games. Don't care for the NFL or U.S. college football but somehow found the XFL interesting enough to tune in. I know there is university football in Canada but haven't figured out how to follow it. Gave up on hockey and don't miss it.

I understand TSN is a private corporation that can do what they want. Curious how much they pay to re-air NFL games and would not be surprised if it exceeded the CFL broadcast rights. Thinking of it now I wonder if TSN will be TSN in 10 years time. Suitor and Forde might not make it.

My allegiance is to other fans first and then the players. Tickets should be cheaper and player contracts should be guaranteed. I have little time for high priced team presidents unless they are doing a good job. Respect is earned.

My opinions are just my opinions. Add $7 and get a cup of coffee in most places. It is not my intent to be disrespectful or annoying. The book I read on judgement says there is a chance both opinions could be wrong.

I stream and have no trouble finding games. I don't think Bo Levi is done. I will forever hold hope for the return of the Montreal Expos.

I also respect that this forum is a Lion's forum and appreciate the knowledgeable posters that take time to share. I look forward to learning. Thank you for allowing me to join and post in your forum.