2010 seat location

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I got my 2010 seat location notice from the Lions Tuesday, and I'm impressed. The club set out to give people similar seats at Empire Fields to what they had at B.C. Place, a near-impossible job given the differences in size and configuration of the two facilities. In my case they couldn't have done much better. At B.C. Place, I sat in the second row in the west end zone facing the replay screen. At Empire Fields, I'm in the second row in the north end zone facing the replay screen. I may be a bit closer to the Lions bench than my preferred location near the middle of the field, but I can't complain. I hope other fans who have sat in my area for years are still nearby.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I heard from the Lions office today you could come down tomorrow ( Thursday )to Tempire field and sit in the stands to get a feel for the sightlines and comfort of the seats. Its over at noon. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I got my seat locaton today too! I really am not too concerned for this year. I just want my old seats back once we return to BC Place. Maybe they could hold FanFest at Empire this year! :cr:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:I heard from the Lions office today you could come down tomorrow ( Thursday )to Tempire field and sit in the stands to get a feel for the sightlines and comfort of the seats. Its over at noon. BB
Ah, I was wondering when you were going to post your April Fool's prank.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yup got mine and its pretty much where my seats would be in BCP
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote: The club set out to give people similar seats at Empire Fields to what they had at B.C. Place, a near-impossible job given the differences in size and configuration of the two facilities. I
That's not true. I was specifically told the seat configuration is the same. What they did was take the seat layout map and exactly place it over the seat layout at Empire stadium, at least for the lower section.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lionheart wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote: The club set out to give people similar seats at Empire Fields to what they had at B.C. Place, a near-impossible job given the differences in size and configuration of the two facilities. I
That's not true. I was specifically told the seat configuration is the same. What they did was take the seat layout map and exactly place it over the seat layout at Empire stadium, at least for the lower section.

Does that mean season ticket holders in the Upper Bowl will be seated on the temporary roof? :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

They've been given fall-arrest harnesses and are hanging from the wooden coaster...........
Big Time
Champion

My seat allocation is virtually identical to last year - around 20 yard line on the visitor's side. So no complaints from my end. Lions communication has been better this year than past years and they've been very easy to deal with when I've called them.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:They've been given fall-arrest harnesses.
I expected it to be obvious that it would be for the lower bowl; but maybe not. You know that seasons tickets were at 17,500 or so right?