Moncton Hosts Eskimos vs TiCats September 26, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/10823?autostart=true

1 minute video gives good visual of the stadium.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/10823?autostart=true
Moncton, N.B. -- (March 25, 2010) -- The public sale of tickets for Scotiabank Touchdown Atlantic is a sellout after a mere 32 hours, the Canadian Football League (CFL) just announced.
Sold out. Cool.

I like it. Growing the league. Eventually having Ottawa back in, with a Maritimes team would be awesome.
A capacity crowd of more than 20,000 fans is expected when the Argos and Eskimos meet September 26th at 1:00 AT at the new Stade Moncton Stadium on the campus of the Universite de Moncton.
PEI, Nfld., and Nova Scotia will be represented along with New Brunswick.
David
Team Captain

Good Lord! Could you build that any further away from the action?!? It appears the field is in Moncton but the stands are in Fredricton. :shock:

Forget binoculars from the upper rows. You'll need a Hubble telescope.

On a more serious note, if tickets have been snapped up that quickly, then why not put up 5,000 temporary bleachers in the endzone?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Are the stands that far away from the field, or is the field not yet CFL regulation size?
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

how hard would it be to design a multi-purpose stadium where section of seats can be added, subtracted, and moved depending on the event? Could you not push those grandstands closer to the field for football and soccer, then pull them back when you need the long jump and running tracks?

anyway, not to nitpick on Moncton's new stadium, as short sighted as it may be.... the great news is this neutral site game is creating a major buzz in Atlantic Canada.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I agree that the front few rows of seats seem to be a fair distance from the field, but keep in mind that the low capacity of the stadium means the upper seats are not that high up and therefore are not too far away.

In any event you would think that this stadium is being built with a CFL team as a future tenant in mind so I'm guessing that there is some additional seating possibilities in the overall plan. Hope I'm right because University/CFL should be the model for building other stadiums in Canada.
leeinq
Rookie

Ah, its the Argos, not the Ti Cats.......