As for Printers today

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I dont blame printers for this game, but he has showed that there is one area he has not improved or changed. He does not play well under adversity. A few things go wrong in the beginning of the game and thats it baby.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
The_Pauser
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:I dont blame printers for this game, but he has showed that there is one area he has not improved or changed. He does not play well under adversity. A few things go wrong in the beginning of the game and thats it baby.
He doesn't play well when he has 2 or 3 defensive players rushing straight at him untouched. He doesn't play well when his receivers run away from where he's passing the ball to, thus creating an interception.

I don't blame him at all for today and still feel he played okay. The defense let the team down in a major way.
Roar you Lions roar!
lion24
Legend

He had no chance to succeed today without help. I would say there are a lot more problems mentally with this bunch that do not include Printers.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
ziggy
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:I dont blame printers for this game, but he has showed that there is one area he has not improved or changed. He does not play well under adversity. A few things go wrong in the beginning of the game and thats it baby.
I don't know if thats fair KIA. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong throughout the game. The Als were better in all facets today.
Rammer
Team Captain

I agree on not blaming Printers, but to say that he doesn't play well under adversity isn't fair, as he was ambushed with DL play by the Als that wasn't matched by the Lions OL. Top that off with some new play calling that needed to benefit from some successful plays first, then count on them to confuse the Als, and you can see that the Lions were beat up physically and not Casey reacting one way or another due to adversity.
Entertainment value = an all time low
The_Pauser
Legend

Casey faced adversity last week. Casey faced advesity having to pick the team up after the defense blew the lead he created, and having to get the win. Casey got the job done.

This week no one went to work. Can't blame Casey for that.
Roar you Lions roar!
pennw
Legend

Would pauser have let JJ off with that performance had it been JJ in there today and played the indentical game ????????????????????????????
Bobbyp
Champion

lion24 wrote:He had no chance to succeed today without help. I would say there are a lot more problems mentally with this bunch that do not include Printers.
:good:
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

AS I said, I do not blame printers for the loss, but noticed his own level of play demished when the game started going bad. An elite QB, as many claim hm to be, will make some better things happen, even if the game is still lost. Its hard for me to explain, but I can turn on the game not knowing anything about the score, and tell by watching printers play that things are not going well.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
The_Pauser
Legend

pennw wrote:Would pauser have let JJ off with that performance had it been JJ in there today and played the indentical game ????????????????????????????
Not at all. Printers only threw 1 interception, and that 1 interception was only because Geroy left the area that Printers threw the ball to. Printers had no blocking at all down after down. Even Lulay had no blocking when he was put in.
Roar you Lions roar!
pennw
Legend

For the record , I want Printers back next season . But does that excuse complete utter hypocrisy ?
pennw
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:
pennw wrote:Would pauser have let JJ off with that performance had it been JJ in there today and played the indentical game ????????????????????????????
Not at all. Printers only threw 1 interception, and that 1 interception was only because Geroy left the area that Printers threw the ball to. Printers had no blocking at all down after down. Even Lulay had no blocking when he was put in.
Sorry 50% is 50% is 50% buddy .Lets not be hypocrites here.
The_Pauser
Legend

pennw wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Sorry 50% is 50% is 50% buddy .Lets not be hypocrites here.
Of course, but if you watched the game you'd see that he had absolutely no time at all. It isn't the same as when Jarious played that Winnipeg game and had more protection, yet still turned the ball over 5 times (4 can be blamed on him). Casey turned the ball over once, and I wouldn't put the blame on him for that one.
Roar you Lions roar!
pennw
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:
Lets not make excuses for intercepts starting now . Remember the 5 intercepts that weren't all his fault ??????????????????????????
The_Pauser
Legend

pennw wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Lets not make excuses for intercepts starting now . Remember the 5 intercepts that weren't all his fault ??????????????????????????
Oh I see...now you're just trolling.
Roar you Lions roar!