H1N1

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Smooth
All Star

So I'm stuck at home with H1N1 and can't make the game tomorrow... anybody know if it will be on regular TSN? (I'm aware it will be on TSN HD)

PS: Anyone else dealing with H1N1? I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, not even the eskimos
b_man360
Rookie

it is on regular tsn also.

i had the swine 2 weeks ago and it was the weekest flu or cold of any kind that i have had. i guess it just affects some people differently.
come on and roar you lions roar!!!
zark
Champion

A bit of an understatement, don't you think? Considering people have died from it, consider yourself lucky.
good luck smooth. I heard lots of alcohol helps...or at least it doesn't hurt. :beer:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

More people have died from the regular flu zark, but that's not sexy or exciting and DEFINITELY doesn't sell newspapers. Much ado about nothing. When I first heard about this, I had a vision of the disease in The Stand where people were dying where they stood and it was 99.4% fatal. That's the way it was being made out. To me, it is shades of SARS, avian flu and Mad Cow.

This article pretty much sums it up for me:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opi ... le1339125/
Real women wear orange!!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Smooth wrote:So I'm stuck at home with H1N1 and can't make the game tomorrow... anybody know if it will be on regular TSN? (I'm aware it will be on TSN HD)

PS: Anyone else dealing with H1N1? I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, not even the eskimos
If it's a bad flu you have.. then it's not the n1h1 strain. That one is a mild one. But hey.. it sells lots and lost of vaccines.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

I know a guy, an average healthy middle aged dude, who contracted H1N1 in the summer. As he put it, first he was worried he was going to die, then he was worried that he wasn't going to die. Anyone who has had an awful flu knows exactly how that feels - you are so brutally ill that you begin wondering just how sick you can be without dying.

Some in the medical community believe that this second wave of H1N1 has been relatively mild, and may be starting to peter out. There is, however, some disagreement on that. What they do agree on is that the vaccine is safe and effective, which is why I will get in within a week or two, once the priority people are done and the craziness has subsided.

Hope you feel better soon, and are able to stay awake during the game!
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
zark
Champion

CatsEyes wrote:More people have died from the regular flu zark, but that's not sexy or exciting and DEFINITELY doesn't sell newspapers. Much ado about nothing. When I first heard about this, I had a vision of the disease in The Stand where people were dying where they stood and it was 99.4% fatal. That's the way it was being made out. To me, it is shades of SARS, avian flu and Mad Cow.

This article pretty much sums it up for me:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opi ... le1339125/
Good article.
My advice is that whatever you do, stay out of the hospital – or you might get really sick.My mother was a nurse, and this was her favorite expression. I try and live by it. That's why I suggested alcohol. It won't help...but it won't hurt.
Garlic and onion sandwiches with hot sauce was my dads flu remedy, followed by neo citran with a sot of vodka.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
nelson95
Legend

The overuse of Tamiflu is concerning especially in Asia where the Avian flu still exists and is much more serious than swine
Give the ball to LeeRoy!