Another star sent packing in Argo land

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Apparently Bart Andrus has now run Byron Parker out of town. Many Argo fans were eagerly awaiting his return, but now he has been sent packing to the Eskimos for future considerations.

Is it a rebuilding year again in TO?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am not liking this barf andrus
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
zark
Champion

No, they had to put him in the line up. Argos don't have much to look forward to this year so Bart :puke: should have just put him in for the few fans they still have left. Not too bright, especially now that Edmonton has him.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

One of the top CB's in the CFL and they traded him for a 4th rounder OUCH.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The Argos are doomed if they do and doomed if they don't fire this guy. He is a nicer and smoother Forrest Gregg and another former NFL guy who just didn't get the CFL versus all the other coaches from the US including the most recent top coach, Mark Trestman who did and do.

While he may be trying to change the losing culture and the locker room attitude and sometimes moving a player or 3 will do that (only if the players don't much like that guy anyway), he certainly is looking like a coach who has no clue as to what to do and like Mike Kelly in Winnipeg is hardly competent. He makes all the same statements as coaches do who will soon be shown the door. Trouble is maybe they need to show some others the door (like the guy picking the coaches) and then maybe they will get it right. Every catch Arland Bruce III makes reminds fans of Andrus. Yikes. What a legacy. Then look at Mark Trestman. You can say Trestman fell into a super situation but he actually could have made Cavillo look as ordinary as Jacque C made Ricky Ray in a single season. He didn't and look at the Als rolling. Kent Austin did wonders in Riderland in a single season (now he has an edge to him and as a head coach it is needed). Maybe Andrus is too nice and went to Joe Paopao charm school where despite how nice you are, it still doesn't build a winning attitude and performance oriented team culture.

For that matter look at Marv Levy who had success in Canada and the NFL. Same with Bud Grant and his team he took to the Vikings for years.

I honestly felt that Don Matthews despite all his idiosyncrasies would have made a fine NFL coach. He had the mind for the game and could adapt.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder how much longer can Adam Rita remain as GM ?
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Wonder how much longer can Adam Rita remain as GM ?
That countdown can't happen soon enough for an Argo fan, whether they realize it or not.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I think Toppy is on to some of the issues in Toronto. Andrus walked into a bit of a mess. The team was desperately in need of a change of culture and introduction of some structure after several years of Pinball's style in the locker room. Perhaps this is the same brick wall Stubler ran into. By all accounts Andrus has been able to make inroads there. I was listening to Hogie on Fan590 this morning talking about the deal. As he indicated for all the problems the Argos may be enduring to their 3-9 record their defence has not been one of them. They currently rank #2 behind only Montreal. To get Parker in they have to take somebody out who has been there all year. By all accounts from Hogan who is their PxP guy their starting secondary has been playing very well.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Parker went off in search of greener pastures and found none. Tough luck. The team moved on and wasn't going to hold his starting job for him. He just had to keep his ego in check and try to work his way back into the lineup. Instead he's being given a chance to re-establish himself with a playoff contender in Edmonton. He should be thankful for the opportunity.