1994 Canucks Stanley Cup Run video

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lui05
Rookie

Greetings... I think this is the best category for this topic. I've looked around but haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know if there was ever a commorative video made of the Canuck's 1994 Stanley cup run? It's something, if available, I would love to own to reminice (sp?) about a time in my life that was quite enjoyable.

As I wasn't having any luck searching the internet (which is never a good sign), I thought I'd throw out a last ditch attempt by asking here.

Thanks!
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright
rickhale
Starter

Yes. I own a dvd called ten years after. I got it on ebay and i beleive the canucks gave it to season ticket holders that year. Hope thet helps you as they are out there rick :rockin:
Pretty girls make us buy beer.
Ugly girls make us drink beer.
Al Bundy 1988
D
Team Captain

I have a lot of the games on DVD .. (full length)
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lui05
Rookie

Rick. Thanks for the info. Just to follow-up and close out this thread, I wanted respond and say that the entire 12 part DVD is available online on Youtube. I'd prefer to have the DVD obviously, but until I find it, I was at least able to see it which is what I wanted. Thanks!
D wrote:I have a lot of the games on DVD .. (full length)
D, now this would be cool too. Game 7 of Round 1, Game 5 of Round 3 and Game 5 & 6 of the Stanley Cup finals would be cool to see again in their entirety.
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

This was the official video:
I got this for Christmas in 1994. It's super rare, I've never seen it in stores or on eBay or anywhere and I've never heard any reference to it by any fan. I'm not even sure where it was sold. I've watched it more times than I can count. It's narrated by Barry Houlihan and presented by BCTV. It starts with a brief look at the 70's and 80's and short interview clips with Orland Kurtenbach, Pat Quinn, Stan Smyl, and Jim Robson on a golf course.

The footage from the Saddledome at 2:03-4:20 in this clip, was on the video:

Also, Trevor Linden talks about the playoff run from a boat in Montana.

Other things of note in the video:

-Emmitt Smith getting interviewed by Houlihan after Game 2 of the Dallas series. He asks Emmitt who is tougher: hockey players or football players. He says "I gotta go with the 'feetball' players," before admitting, "nah, hockey players are pretty rough, but we're rough, too," and then wishing for a Dallas win in Game 3. Emmitt also takes a Stars puck out of his pocket that was given to him.

-Barry Houlihan asking women in Dallas what they like about hockey.

-Canucks fans being interviewed in the Saddledome concourse before Game 7. Some of them drove all night from Vancouver. I loved that. There was also a shot of some of those fans in the Saddledome seats with a ragdoll in a red shirt with #14 (Fleury) taped on the back.

-Footage before Game 2 of the Toronto series with a ventriloquist and his dummy dressed in a Leafs jersey.