Casey Printers on TEAM 1040 Wednesday Night

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

McLetchie
Rookie

A heads-up that Casey Printers and Wally Buono will join Dave Pratt and Glen Suitor in the 6:00 hour tonight (Wednesday) on the TEAM 1040.
Bobbyp
Champion

Suitors got some good opening points
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Bobbyp
Champion

Pratts got some good opening points too
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Dave Pratt.. what can i say man... perhaps get out of the studio, perhaps do some homework, perhaps watch a few cfl games now and then. I actually thought he was done with the whole Casey Printers thing...

I was joking with a buddy a few days ago that the next time Pratt talks about the lions he's going to say the name "Casey Printers." (Thinking that he wouldn't.. cuz really, why would he at this point)... anyways, we hop back in the car after watching rookie camp, and literally the first sentence we hear out of his big mouth is "If buck pierce is struggling over the first half of the season, can you say Casey Printers?" I could not believe it... Did he watch him in Hamilton????? NO??? Probably not... Just an absolute meathead!! :bang:
If he talks CFL, he brings up Printers' name, I guess I just have to accept that now... it's embarrasing and awkward listening to him talk CFL though.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Bobbyp
Champion

What I got out of that interview is what else would Printers say except everything that everyone would want to hear. He said all the right things. The guy should just quit talking tho, I think he likes to hear his own voice, saying hello to all of Canada at the end. Just shutup and say goodbye.
nelson95
Legend

Pratt is a meathead

and today he was whining how bloggers and forum talkers know nothing

I mean really what does Pratt know?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:Pratt is a meathead

He's a joke. Him and Don Taylor talks about everything under the sun except sports.
Bobbyp
Champion

nelson95 wrote:Pratt is a meathead

I guess he doesnt want to piss off the people listening or anything. They just play good cop bad cop.
Bosco
Team Captain

Casey may be getting at least a little smarter - when Glen Suitor asked about Wally Buono, Casey made it a point to be verrrry complimentry. (Kissing up, perhaps?)

Still, the smartest move Printers has made is firing Jason Medlock. Who knows how much of Printers past antics can be directly pegged on Medlock?

No doubt, CP will be watching the training camp injury updates.
Rammer
Team Captain

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/McInt ... story.html

Basically a story off of the interview that CP did with the TEAM this evening. Casey has to learn to look in the mirror and not see the commodity within it, just view the person within the image. Anyone who can throw on the run like he can, across his body and hit a receiver in stride has a place in the CFL. Waht he does need to work on is reading a D, especially since that what all D's began to do against him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
The_Pauser
Legend

What's CP supposed to say? "I hate Canada and Wally Buono sucks because he didn't start me in the 04 Grey Cup"

Of course he's going to be complementary of him...Buono gave him his first chance and he had huge success under him. I'm sure 95% of all Buono's ex-players will be complementary of him, and that's a conservatively low guess.

I'm tired of all the Casey bashing. Okay we get it, you don't like the guy, fine. I personally believe he would be a better option than Jarious, but that's my opinion. Looking at last season, Printers was bad on a brutal Hamilton team, while Jarious was brutal on a good BC team. I don't get why people pick apart Casey's game, yet look at Jarious and claim he is good and has potential. They both were bad last year.
Roar you Lions roar!
Rammer
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:What's CP supposed to say? "I hate Canada and Wally Buono sucks because he didn't start me in the 04 Grey Cup"

Of course he's going to be complementary of him...Buono gave him his first chance and he had huge success under him. I'm sure 95% of all Buono's ex-players will be complementary of him, and that's a conservatively low guess.

I'm tired of all the Casey bashing. Okay we get it, you don't like the guy, fine. I personally believe he would be a better option than Jarious, but that's my opinion. Looking at last season, Printers was bad on a brutal Hamilton team, while Jarious was brutal on a good BC team. I don't get why people pick apart Casey's game, yet look at Jarious and claim he is good and has potential. They both were bad last year.
One factor is the coin that CP was taking in Hamilton, you can't compare a starter to a second string QB. Right now CP is 4th or 5th on the Lions depth chart and we will find that point out after the roster is set. If the Lions carry 4 QB's, he is the 5th, but available to any team that loses a starting QB. CP has burned his bridges in Montreal (by turning to Hamilton for the coin, Popp won't forget that move), Winnipeg (worked out for Kelly and Kelly didn't care for his "wisdom"), Hamilton (being cut may be a two way street though). That leaves 5 teams although Calgary and Burris couldn't contend with his personality being similar to Burris, and Edmonton is knee deep in QB's. Saskatchewan IMO would be the best fit for him, although like BC have their guys in place already and an injury would be needed. That leaves TO as my prediction, Joseph had better step up to the plate or he won't last long in TO as they and the league need a competitive team in the centre of the Universe, a place that CP could help.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

korey&dante4ever wrote:Dave Pratt.. what can i say man... perhaps get out of the studio, perhaps do some homework, perhaps watch a few cfl games now and then. I actually thought he was done with the whole Casey Printers thing...

I was joking with a buddy a few days ago that the next time Pratt talks about the lions he's going to say the name "Casey Printers." (Thinking that he wouldn't.. cuz really, why would he at this point)... anyways, we hop back in the car after watching rookie camp, and literally the first sentence we hear out of his big mouth is "If buck pierce is struggling over the first half of the season, can you say Casey Printers?" I could not believe it... Did he watch him in Hamilton????? NO??? Probably not... Just an absolute meathead!! :bang:
If he talks CFL, he brings up Printers' name, I guess I just have to accept that now... it's embarrasing and awkward listening to him talk CFL though.
David Pratt keeps on bringing up Casey Printers and a potential return to the Lions as being the "story that won't go away". The only reason that story won't go away is because there is exactly one member of the Vancouver sports media who refuses to let it die................David Pratt. It's ancient history to everybody else but Pratt.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
The_Pauser
Legend

Rammer wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:What's CP supposed to say? "I hate Canada and Wally Buono sucks because he didn't start me in the 04 Grey Cup"

One factor is the coin that CP was taking in Hamilton, you can't compare a starter to a second string QB. Right now CP is 4th or 5th on the Lions depth chart and we will find that point out after the roster is set. If the Lions carry 4 QB's, he is the 5th, but available to any team that loses a starting QB. CP has burned his bridges in Montreal (by turning to Hamilton for the coin, Popp won't forget that move), Winnipeg (worked out for Kelly and Kelly didn't care for his "wisdom"), Hamilton (being cut may be a two way street though). That leaves 5 teams although Calgary and Burris couldn't contend with his personality being similar to Burris, and Edmonton is knee deep in QB's. Saskatchewan IMO would be the best fit for him, although like BC have their guys in place already and an injury would be needed. That leaves TO as my prediction, Joseph had better step up to the plate or he won't last long in TO as they and the league need a competitive team in the centre of the Universe, a place that CP could help.
The only difference between Printers and Jackson from game 2 to about 11 last year is that Printers made double what Jackson made. They were both starting QB's on their respective teams.

Obviously I wouldn't bring CP in at that kind of money, but if he's willing to sign for backup money, and keep his mouth shut and be the backup to Buck until his opportunity comes, then I'd much rather roll the dice with Printers than Jackson who's making $200k to sit on the bench and underperform when he is called into action.
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The_Pauser wrote:Looking at last season, Printers was bad on a brutal Hamilton team, while Jarious was brutal on a good BC team.
The only question I would have there is if Casey's performance was so much a product of a brutal Hamilton team why did rookie Quinton Porter look quite competent in comparison. Porter showed poise and confidence and looked far more capable of winning games for Hamilton than did Printers.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.