Lions orange helmets hit auction block Wednesday

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions Communications
Starter

The Lions' orange helmet auction will begin on Wednesday, December 10th at approximately 12:00 noon (PT).

Please click http://www.bclions.com/article/orange-h ... ll-of-fame for more information.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Wear orange or wear nothing
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi looks like 750.00 is the reserve price. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

So did anyone here walk away with a helmet?

Me? Nada. I threw big money at a couple, but not crazy money!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:So did anyone here walk away with a helmet?

Me? Nada. I threw big money at a couple, but not crazy money!

DH 8)
I picked up Alexis Bwenge's. I was somewhat torn between whether it was best to get one signed by the whole team or just the player who wore it. On one hand having one autographed by the Lions of Bob's final season seems to give it more value, sentimental or otherwise. On the other hand I'm not big on autographs so the autographs in my mind actually devalue the helmet in a way. I was also somewhat screwed by the timing of the auction closing. Being out in Manitoba the first few auctions started ending around 3:30pm and I didn't have much budget room above the $500 starting price. Quitting time is 4:00 with the commute getting me home around 4:45. So I'd targeted Jiminez' bucket as it strangely (IMO) seemed to be flying under the radar. It was set to end at 4:00pm so I figured if I could get it for under 6 I would, otherwise I'd scurry home for what would still be available. With a couple minutes left Jason's pushed over the $600 mark so I shut the computer off and headed for home. Working with a budget and thinking supply and demand would more than likely push the prices up as the helmets became scarcer. So I jumped in with a last second bid on Bwenge's and will proudly add an orange Bwenge "BOB" brain bucket (say that 10 times fast) to my white Bobby Singh and silver Barrin Simpson helmet collection.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.