lion receivers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

was logan the only guy buck could see open?Edmontons db's covered geroy,paris,claremont etc that well?I find that hard to believe.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Rammer
Team Captain

zark wrote:was logan the only guy buck could see open?Edmontons db's covered geroy,paris,claremont etc that well?I find that hard to believe.
No, he did go to Coleman a whole bunch, but he looked more like Skillern last night than the Coleman of the past game. Looked more like a game that the Lions wanted to give away vs trying for a victory when you just think about the coverage between the two sides. Our receivers weren't working very hard and neither did our DB's seem to be in the vicinity of any Eskimo receiver.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

* P-Jack went balls to the wall for his team.
* Bret Anderson was 'old Mr. Reliable.'
* Jason was, well, Jason - valuable and under-used. He stretched nicely for extra yardage on one catch and sprained his knee trying for YAC on the other.

* O'Neal Wilson was uncharacteristically quiet (2 catches for 14 yards).
* Geroy could have caught two long balls and changed the complexion of the game had he laid out for them.
* Clarence Coleman could have had 3 more catches (if you subscribe to the theory that 'if you touch it, you can catch it'), and now must surely be looking over his shoulder at Ryan Grice-Mullen.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

David wrote:* P-Jack went balls to the wall for his team.
* Jason was, well, Jason - valuable and under-used. He stretched nicely for extra yardage on one catch and sprained his knee trying for YAC on the other.

* Geroy could have caught two long balls and changed the complexion of the game had he laid out for them.
* Clarence Coleman could have had 3 more catches (if you subscribe to the theory that 'if you touch it, you can catch it'), and now must surely be looking over his shoulder at Ryan Grice-Mullen.

DH 8)
geroy looked to have a slight limp walking out of sports and stuff today imo. maybe he wasnt feelin so hot
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DH 8)
I saw only one pass that I would describe as a drop, and that was the first one thrown to Wilson. Some of the passes to Coleman were too high or too low or way behind him, including one where he turned and got a hand on it to knock it down. Jarious's bombs to Geroy were another matter. Two of them were overthrown but Geroy didn't seem to have the extra gear that he has shown in the past.
Blitz
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:

DH 8)
I saw only one pass that I would describe as a drop, and that was the first one thrown to Wilson. Some of the passes to Coleman were too high or too low or way behind him, including one where he turned and got a hand on it to knock it down. Jarious's bombs to Geroy were another matter. Two of them were overthrown but Geroy didn't seem to have the extra gear that he has shown in the past.
I thougth both bombs were going to be completed to Geroy and I agree that he usually has that extra gear that gets them. Both were only very slightly off. Geroy is not going to lay out for a bomb, running at full speed. He might in a playoff game but he won't risk injury that way. It was too bad because that first early bomb could have changed the complexion of the game, with plenty of time left on the clock.

We were right to get Jarious in there to try to take advantage of Scott Coe at safety (and Buck and our offence struggling) but they really laid off a lot, knowing that we would try to do that with Geroy. We really should have tried to go deep to another receiver, with Geroy as the decoy, once we'd taken a couple of shots at Geroy deep!!

I still don't think our receiving crew is good enough. Geroy is the best receiver in the league and Paris Jackson is also excellent. Clermont has been banged up all season and he's not a speedster but a tough possession receiver who runs good routes. However, for a team that uses a five person receiving crew most of the time, I dont' consider our receiving crew, as a unit, as one of the top three receiving crews in the league.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
zark
Champion

I always liked thelwell.Why did they get rid of him.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:I always liked thelwell.Why did they get rid of him.
Apparently Wally thought he was about to, or had lost a step, and that the emergence of Paris Jackson among others would ensure the succession of NI receivers. Ryan had a rough year in Calgary last season, but has rebounded under Hufnagel. Ryan signed in Calgary as an FA.

O'Neal Wilson has been a nice surprise so far though, except for last night, when no one was really on their game.
MacNews
Team Captain

zark wrote:I always liked thelwell.Why did they get rid of him.
Too much $$ with the belief that he could be easily replaced.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

With the exception of Geroy Simon the Lions are lacking a second deep threat. I would have thought they would be bringing more NFL cuts than just Grice Mullen.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:With the exception of Geroy Simon the Lions are lacking a second deep threat. I would have thought they would be bringing more NFL cuts than just Grice Mullen.
Grice-Mullen won't be seeing the Lions game day roster, there is way too much to absorb, but he is being given a huge head start on the 09 campaign. Where did most of the throws go to last night...Coleman and Wilson, not near enough to the big three, well until too late and PJack got going. That is a recipe for disaster, plain and simple, let your best receivers lead the way and once they are established then find Coleman and Wilson.

As was mentioned, the Lions were outcoached and that is a reflection in all three phases of the game, a first that I can recall for a long time.
Entertainment value = an all time low
hwgill
Legend

Rammer wrote: As was mentioned, the Lions were outcoached and that is a reflection in all three phases of the game, a first that I can recall for a long time.
...and that against Machokie...

:bang:
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Grice-Mullen won't be seeing the Lions game day roster, there is way too much to absorb, but he is being given a huge head start on the 09 campaign.
Care to make a friendly wager on this one, Phil? :) I say he will see the field before the end of the season.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I'll take that bet David....Grice-Mullen plays more DB on the scout team than he does receiver.

He's also the youngest guy on the roster....Rammer has seen him at practice as have I and although he has a nice resume, he hasn't done anything in Surrey.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:I'll take that bet David....Grice-Mullen plays more DB on the scout team than he does receiver.

He's also the youngest guy on the roster....Rammer has seen him at practice as have I and although he has a nice resume, he hasn't done anything in Surrey.
The player like any other receiver can only prove himself in a game and despite his past he doesn't have four years of college ball done.

I am not sure why he is not still completing his education where you get game time and practices to hone your skills. Not that he can't benefit from the work he is getting with the Lions in practice, but it doesn't replace no. 1 team reps or games for development.

Unless they give up on another import this season, these guys are right. He will be confined to doing what he does in Surrey until next TC.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy