Blackout question

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ilovetheriders
Starter

Hey,

I just moved out to The Island...(love it!) anyways is the blackout province wide? I hope not, as much as I love The Riders I also love The CFL. Thanks!
Rammer
Team Captain

ilovetheriders wrote:Hey,

I just moved out to The Island...(love it!) anyways is the blackout province wide? I hope not, as much as I love The Riders I also love The CFL. Thanks!
Islanders are not in the blackout range, unless the CBC gets ahold of a games telecast again, enjoy.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ilovetheriders
Starter

Rammer wrote:

Islanders are not in the blackout range, unless the CBC gets ahold of a games telecast again, enjoy.
Sweet! Thanks! So the CBC would blackout games for those living on the Island? How sad.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

All Rider fans are on an island. 8)
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lion Guy wrote:

All Rider fans are on an island. 8)
Nothing like Saskatchewan seal skin.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Where on the island are you? Yeah, there was one game last year that CBC/Shaw messed up on (still never got a straight answer on what happened ), but we don't have to worry about that anymore! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

We are never blacked out, as we are much further away from the BC Place Stadium $$ wise than most in Saskatchewan are from Mosaic. :beauty:

Up for the Sticky Wicket on Monday?

Be there or be square!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:

We are never blacked out, as we are much further away from the BC Place Stadium $$ wise than most in Saskatchewan are from Mosaic. :beauty:

Be there or be square!
Wots happening at the SW on Monday?
As it happens, wife & I were contemplating a trip over the Malahat to take in a screening of Religulous on Monday.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lions4ever wrote:
Solar Max wrote:

Be there or be square!
As it happens, wife & I were contemplating a trip over the Malahat to take in a screening of Religulous on Monday.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63208
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Thanks. I've never been on that website before. Stayed on long enough to read that thread and then got out of there toot sweet. That green made me ill. :hypno:
Vern Halen
Champion

Solar Max wrote:

Be there or be square!
I'm curious now - what does it cost to come from the island to BC Place?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Vern Halen wrote:
Solar Max wrote:

Be there or be square!
I'm curious now - what does it cost to come from the island to BC Place?
For us with a small car, around $230. Tickets not included.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
Solar Max wrote:

Be there or be square!
Games Room 11 AM. Ritual gnashing of teeth upon seeing Calgary and the Riders at 1:30.

You should do this. :beer:
Vern Halen
Champion

:shock: :shock: Holy crap - about about $80 worth of gas and $6 for parking and you can make the trip from Saskatoon (meals and tickets not included)
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Vern Halen wrote::shock: :shock: Holy crap - about about $80 worth of gas and $6 for parking and you can make the trip from Saskatoon (meals and tickets not included)
I think Solar is including extras like fuel, parking & meals. Ferry costs are around $125 return for car, driver & 1 passenger. In downtown Vancouver these days I don't know if $6 will buy you an hour at a parking meter much less 5+ hours at a parking lot anywhere near the stadium.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.