How do you deal with the frustrations of watching the game!?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

Just wondering how everybody deals with watching games when it goes bad as I am sure many of you are just as bad or worse than me?? :lol: Usually I only get a hold of pillows so I don't cause too much damage and the words coming out of my mouth would not be appropriate around any form of life :wink:. Just wondering if any cats are thrown across the room or anything??!! :lol: Or in Solar Max and Catseyes case do they have to go to their separate corners?

In my case I am usually at Commonwealth for the Lions games so I have to bite my tongue when it goes bad and cheer mildly if the Lions are going well but when I am at home it is free game. :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The tighter the game, or the dumber we play I find myself inching towards the TV set more and more. I go from the comfy chair to the couch to the floor.

I pace quite bit too with countless meaningless walks to the kitchen and back mumbling under my breath.
Last edited by Lion Guy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I usually scream at the TV and then pace in front of my bowflex. If i planned ahead I'd be on the bowflex and just getting pumped/angry while the game is on. I used to smoke, but thats out the window now. sometimes i just need to hold my football.....
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Big Time
Champion

I sit and usually do the slow burn. Depending on how boneheaded the play is, I may offer sarcastic responses or just shake my head. I find that giving up easy first downs on second on long (a problem all season that has been a little better of late) and giving up big plays out of seemingly nothing (the two Argo rushing TD's this week) are the ones that usually get me pissed the most. For whatever reason, no matter how far the Leos are ahead, I generally don't relax until the final whistle is blown.

One weird thing however is that I find I'm much more calm when watching the games at BC Place. Probably because I spend more energy cheering.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

We watched the last game in the bar. Draw your own conclusions. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
lion24
Legend

Blue In BC wrote:We watched the last game in the bar. Draw your own conclusions. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I am not sure what you are getting at?? :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i dont deal with them :P
2012 Season Ticket Holder
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I curse like a sailor, yell, scream and generally throw a fit. :lol: That's why I prefer to watch sports by myself, because I think anybody who doesn't completely understand would tell me to calm down and that "it's just a game" which only serves to make me angrier. :wink:

At the Stadium, it's quite hard to bite my tongue, especially when kids are around. I try my best but sometimes it's hard not to toss out a couple choice words.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I do a slow burn. After the final whistle I come to Lionbackers and vent my frustration.
agent2
All Star

Thank you for this, it is very therapeutic. My non-fan wife hates it when I get worked up and believe me after awhile I start to feel like I am losing my mind, yelling obscenities at the TV. I begin to think maybe I should be more accepting of the miscalls, penalties and mistakes because heck we're all human and those things happen... "Try to be more positive", I tell myself... then a PI flag gets thrown, I erupt and my wife gets angry at me for swearing in front of the kids. Solution: Invite sailor mouthed buddy to come over, wait for the ugly fumble and when the buddies tirade starts I quietly point to him and whisper to my wife, "See?"
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I curse like a sailor, yell, scream and generally throw a fit. :lol: That's why I prefer to watch sports by myself, because I think anybody who doesn't completely understand would tell me to calm down and that "it's just a game" which only serves to make me angrier. :wink:

At the Stadium, it's quite hard to bite my tongue, especially when kids are around. I try my best but sometimes it's hard not to toss out a couple choice words.
haha, i feel ya bro. same here.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I do a slow burn. After the final whistle I come to Lionbackers and vent my frustration.

Hahaha!!! :whs:
David
Team Captain

It varies from a mild form of Tourette's (on a missed pass interference call) to shredding my house apart like newspaper lining a hamster cage (when a virtual unknown non-import Stu Foorde runs 55 yards unmolested for a TD). Conversely, my 'ups' can be just as extreme. :oops:

Let's just say that my neighbours can follow the progress of the B.C. Lions just by keeping their kitchen window open.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

Yeah, that about sums it up for me as well, my kids though look at me strangely telling me you know that the ref/team can't hear you. I am trying to mellow in my older age, but this seasons Lions D hasn't been allowing me to do so once or twice a game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I call up Roughrider fans at random and tell them they have been banned from Mosaic Stadium.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.