Ryan Grice-Mullen

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions33
Starter

Do you think we wil see this guy. I mean i love our reciviving core, wilson, coleman etc. looking great but how about him instead of brett anderson. would that work with canadians etc. He had a great carrer at Hawaii!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

No because they need Brett Anderson for the multiple back up roles he does well.
Where Wally gets things right is recognizing that you can't have too much Canadian talent and it pays hugely if one of them can perform multiple roles and do it as well as this guy does.

Also Brett is NI and the other new guy is an Import.

There is no other Lion other than Lyle Green who does FB, some receiving and STs but not like Anderson who can kick off and punt if he has to.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
MacNews
Team Captain

I don't think we will see him on the field unless Coleman screws up. However, there are always injuries...
David
Team Captain

Haven't been out to practice in awhile, but I am quite certain that he's getting more reps than Rufus Skillern. I read that the coaches are really high on him.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Guess again David....scout team is all he has seen since day 1

Skillern only has seen scout team duty last week....before then he was getting starting reps.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Rammer
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Guess again David....scout team is all he has seen since day 1

Skillern only has seen scout team duty last week....before then he was getting starting reps.
Yep, no room for him to get 1st team reps with Coleman back in. He is being given the slow learning curve to help him out for next seasons TC, IMO. If you saw the video highlight reel on RG-M, you could see how his shifty moves would do well in the CFL's larger field.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Guess again David....scout team is all he has seen since day 1

Yep, no room for him to get 1st team reps with Coleman back in. He is being given the slow learning curve to help him out for next seasons TC, IMO. If you saw the video highlight reel on RG-M, you could see how his shifty moves would do well in the CFL's larger field.

It will be interesting to see how Grice-Mullen does this week against Edmonton. Even though he wasn't drafted, coming out early from Hawaii in his junior year, he was third in the U.S. in college ball last year, in terms of number of passes caught and was fifth in passing yardage. He's dealt with pressure, playing in front of a huge crowd in the Sugar Bowl and football is huge in Hawaii (my old alma mater) with no pro team there..... so the Warriors get a ton of coverage and players are under the microscope. All this background helps prepare him for this situation and he is now getting familiar with our offence.

Grice-Mullen's speed (or therefore lack of it 4.65 in the 40 probably didn't impress some NFL teams. However Geroy doesn't run a blazing 40 either but no one catches him on a football field. There is 40 yard fast and just plain quick on a football field. I think he'll make a couple of plays if we throw to him.

Guess we'll also find out if Winnipeg was right that Roberts best days are behind him or whether he still has some in the tank. You'll bet he'll be motivated.

There will be some who believe our offence is handicapped going into this game. However, Clermont is only 20th in receiving this season and only caught two passes for 16 yards last week. It's not as if we've counted on him much this season. Logan got stuffed last week on two second and one's and fumbled once. Why Chap doesn't run Green in that situation is beyond me. I love Logan and he was the difference against Toronto.. as the rest of our offence was pop-gun and ineffective in that game and was worse last week. The way that Chapdelaine used the running game last week it wouldn't matter if my sister lined up at tailback.

Perhaps the change, at least with Grice-Mullen, along with Simon, Jackson, Wilson, and Coleman will spark us a little..in the passing game, with an extra import in there as receiver. Certainly it makes more sense to me to play the additional import position at receiver than using two import scatbacks each game...which is a waste!! Only difference is that I wish it was Logan at tailback and Roberts on the inactive roster but Wally didnt' want to tick Roberts off (or make the trade look even worse than it was) so he was in the lineup the past number of weeks.

This time Roberts is playing because we actually need him, with Logan hurt...although I would have been just as comfortable or even more comfortable with Green as the single back. Let's hope Roberts keeps his end of the bargain!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Blitz wrote:
Rammer wrote:

It will be interesting to see how Grice-Mullen does this week against Edmonton. Even though he wasn't drafted, coming out early from Hawaii in his junior year, he was third in the U.S. in college ball last year, in terms of number of passes caught and was fifth in passing yardage. He's dealt with pressure, playing in front of a huge crowd in the Sugar Bowl and football is huge in Hawaii (my old alma mater) with no pro team there..... so the Warriors get a ton of coverage and players are under the microscope. All this background helps prepare him for this situation and he is now getting familiar with our offence.

Grice-Mullen's speed (or therefore lack of it 4.65 in the 40 probably didn't impress some NFL teams. However Geroy doesn't run a blazing 40 either but no one catches him on a football field. There is 40 yard fast and just plain quick on a football field. I think he'll make a couple of plays if we throw to him.

Guess we'll also find out if Winnipeg was right that Roberts best days are behind him or whether he still has some in the tank. You'll bet he'll be motivated.

There will be some who believe our offence is handicapped going into this game. However, Clermont is only 20th in receiving this season and only caught two passes for 16 yards last week. It's not as if we've counted on him much this season. Logan got stuffed last week on two second and one's and fumbled once. Why Chap doesn't run Green in that situation is beyond me. I love Logan and he was the difference against Toronto.. as the rest of our offence was pop-gun and ineffective in that game and was worse last week. The way that Chapdelaine used the running game last week it wouldn't matter if my sister lined up at tailback.

Perhaps the change, at least with Grice-Mullen, along with Simon, Jackson, Wilson, and Coleman will spark us a little..in the passing game, with an extra import in there as receiver. Certainly it makes more sense to me to play the additional import position at receiver than using two import scatbacks each game...which is a waste!! Only difference is that I wish it was Logan at tailback and Roberts on the inactive roster but Wally didnt' want to tick Roberts off (or make the trade look even worse than it was) so he was in the lineup the past number of weeks.

This time Roberts is playing because we actually need him, with Logan hurt...although I would have been just as comfortable or even more comfortable with Green as the single back. Let's hope Roberts keeps his end of the bargain!
Blitz, dont count out seeing ian smart in the backfield as well, he knows the playbook well and if roberts does stink he's another guy who can jump in. I hope buck can find it in him to stretch the field. Edmonton took all the underneath stuff away and he was stumped most of the night. Roberts, IMO, is done. That doesnt mean he still cant have a good game here or there and did have one his last trip to edmonton with 94 yards rush, 44 pass and 4 TD's, but his best days are behind him and he'll no longer be a dependable back each game.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Blitz
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:Roberts has been a CFL All-Star for 7 straight seasons and I doubt his skills have eroded to the point he's not dependable anymore. If he doesn't fumble that will be a step in the right direction. If we give him the ball 20 times at CW and he can get us 100 yds, that should help open up our passing game...and keep our defence off the field. Then see if he can do it the next game before we call him all washed-up.

Speaking of Grice-Mullen, is he a small-quick guy or does he have some height? I like the taller receivers. The Lions should find a young guy 6'1", who is a long-strider and can stretch the defence.
Blitz, dont count out seeing ian smart in the backfield as well, he knows the playbook well and if roberts does stink he's another guy who can jump in. I hope buck can find it in him to stretch the field. Edmonton took all the underneath stuff away and he was stumped most of the night. Roberts, IMO, is done. That doesnt mean he still cant have a good game here or there and did have one his last trip to edmonton with 94 yards rush, 44 pass and 4 TD's, but his best days are behind him and he'll no longer be a dependable back each game.

I won't!! Roberts is a bit ouut of shape!! We could see Smart for a couple of series. Smart did an excellent job for us last season, when he was inserted into the tailback spot, either lining up behind Joe Smith at fullback or on occasion as our ace back.

As for Grice-Mullen...he's 5'11" and goes about 180 so he's not a tall or big receiver John Hnery!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)