Which NFL team will Cam Wake go to?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

What NFL team will Cam Wake go to?

Seattle Seahawks
20%
Washington Redskins
No votes
Kansas City Chiefs
20%
Green Bay Packers
10%
Indianapolis Colts
10%
Other
40%

Total votes: 10
Lions33
Starter

Which NFL team will Cam Wake land. We know that kenton kieth went to the colts, jon Ryan to the packers and printers to the chiefs and also chris wilson to the redskins. But what team will Wake go to or what team do you want him to go to??
Lions33
Starter

if you say other write down which team he will go to. CAM WAKE IS A BEAST!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

He will go to the team that owns his rights, or the one that he tries out with and accepts a spot with.
LFITQ
Team Captain

I said other because of Cal Murphy's scouting report for the NFL on him. It is not 100% sure that Cam will go south. So I choose other.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:He will go to the team that owns his rights, or the one that he tries out with and accepts a spot with.
Nobody owns his NFL rights, he is an NFL FA. He has two concerns to follow, a) first and foremost a team that will give him a chance to show his ability, as mentioned by fellow LB'ers a 3 - 4 D provides that. b) secondly a signing bonus that shows that he is a legitimate recruit, rather than the camp fodder dollars often thrown around to CFL players looking to land and NFL gig. I think that the return rate is around 95% for those that try the NFL route, with a few of those never seeing the light of day for a chance to play ( DD, Ray, and CP ).

His age is still going to be a concern for teams, as he isn't at a point that they will invest much training time in him, knowing that a draft pick is better used for that. However, if he takes the Ayanbadejo route and accepts a ST position, then he has a good chance to stick. But the bigger glory resides here in the CFL for someone of Wakes ability, salary pushed slightly aside. :)
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

It will definitely be an interesting signing window in February for Wake.
As Rammer points out, age could be a factor in how much a team is going to invest in him. Don't forget Printers was 24 when he was eligible to go south. Wake turns 27 in January. Hopefully in the weeks and months ahead we will get a better idea via scouts and his agent.

BTW: check out Christie Buono's interview with Wake on the Lions website and you get a pretty good idea how athletic he is. :lol:
Tighthead
Legend

I think Dolphins are most likely, followed by Dallas, NE, SD and Minn in no particular order.

What was the criteria for choosing the teams in the poll?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

As a free agent, he will go wherever he gets the most guaranteed money. That could be anywhere, or nowhere. It would likely take close to a six-figure signing bonus to land him.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:As a free agent, he will go wherever he gets the most guaranteed money. That could be anywhere, or nowhere. It would likely take close to a six-figure signing bonus to land him.
:whs:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

The BC Lions. :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:The BC Lions. :)
Whoooo! Thats my pick.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Big Time
Champion

The Colts have a good history in giving CFLers a chance and they had a scout up a few games ago to specifically watch Wake. My guess is he'll get a chance with them.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Why bother with this thread? Why even think about it?

We don't want him to go anywhere and it's not sure that he will.

He'll be back next year.
Rammer
Team Captain

Big Time wrote:The Colts have a good history in giving CFLers a chance and they had a scout up a few games ago to specifically watch Wake. My guess is he'll get a chance with them.
Do you mean Cal Murphy? He has said that Wake's current size makes him a tweener, now is he using that media to discourage other NFL scouts from taking a serious look at him or is he bang on? Well Murphy did give a 180* remark to Caravatta, suggesting that Wake had NFL interest. That being said, who is to say that Wake doesn't add on another 15 pounds this off season and become the prototypical Rushend with amazing speed at the NFL level.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Tighthead
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Big Time wrote:The Colts have a good history in giving CFLers a chance and they had a scout up a few games ago to specifically watch Wake. My guess is he'll get a chance with them.
Do you mean Cal Murphy? He has said that Wake's current size makes him a tweener, now is he using that media to discourage other NFL scouts from taking a serious look at him or is he bang on? Well Murphy did give a 180* remark to Caravatta, suggesting that Wake had NFL interest. That being said, who is to say that Wake doesn't add on another 15 pounds this off season and become the prototypical Rushend with amazing speed at the NFL level.
I wonder how freely a scout will speak about someone - there may be some smokescreening in his comments. Dwight Freeney was considered to have tweener size, and he has worked out for the Colts.