Hamilton at B.C. - Official Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Ironically, this game could be decidedly different than the last time we played the Tiger-Cats, even though we play our best football under the dome and Eastern teams have a hard time with the time difference. :roar: The Cats could easily have beaten their last two opponents (Edmonton and Winnipeg), and have made some key roster changes since we them beat them 35-12 three weeks ago.

The fact that Charlie Taafe is no longer standing on the sidelines is an improvement from my perspective. I believe their offense will get a much needed shot in the arm from Quentin Porter, a quarterback that finally seems capable of managing a game for the Ti-Cats. Also, the last time we played them they were without future star receiver Prechae Rodriquez. Add in the boost they could receive from newly signed running back Kenton Keith (who always seems to raise his game against the Lions) and we had better not take them lightly.

Still, it's hard to believe the Leos would not bring their 'A' game with so much on the line for them. 28-22 BC. (32,816 is my attendance guess).

***Please remember to bring a non-perishable food item(s) or cash donation to the game to help those less fortunate.***

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Petal to the effin metal tonight boys.

go leos go
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Rammer
Team Captain

If the Lions don't come to play, they are going to throw away all the accomplishment of taking the back to backs with the Riders. Add to that the Eskimos current fall, and you have to think that the incentive to rise to the occasion has to be noted. But that is why we play the games.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ziggy
Legend

I keep hearing about the time difference being tough on eastern teams coming west, but nothing about the impact on western teams going east. From years of crossing this fair land ,I always found it tougher adjusting to the time change going east. I wasn't tired when I got there, stayed awake most of the night and was bagged the next day. They can talk about games here being late for the eastern players, but what about an afternoon game in the east for western teams? No doubt the 3 hours has an impact but I'm not sure why it is always being used as an excuse for the east but never brought up when we go east( perhaps because we normally win?). I think for the most parts time zones are not why the east looses out here.

CP is out again with an injury?? He is either getting really brittle or I suspect has given up. I find it hard to believe he would be on the bench if he was having a decent year!
Rammer
Team Captain

ziggy wrote:I keep hearing about the time difference being tough on eastern teams coming west, but nothing about the impact on western teams going east. From years of crossing this fair land ,I always found it tougher adjusting to the time change going east. I wasn't tired when I got there, stayed awake most of the night and was bagged the next day. They can talk about games here being late for the eastern players, but what about an afternoon game in the east for western teams? No doubt the 3 hours has an impact but I'm not sure why it is always being used as an excuse for the east but never brought up when we go east( perhaps because we normally win?). I think for the most parts time zones are not why the east looses out here.

CP is out again with an injury?? He is either getting really brittle or I suspect has given up. I find it hard to believe he would be on the bench if he was having a decent year!
Actually Gerry has the proof that it is harder heading East vs West, but that will never stop the insinuation of the Easts problems in BC Place, at least until they start having better teams traveling to BC. Injuries seem to come at convenient times for CP, a factor that doesn't escape the notice of Aaron Hunt....

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/foo ... d2db1ee896
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions' biggest problem in the early season was between their ears. They've buckled down and played solid, hard-nosed football in recent weeks. I expect a similar game tonight.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna guess Lions by 12. Attendance 33,312. Lions are winning and hockey is about to start so maybe we'll get a few fairweather fans not into the NHL preseason.

I am glad Coleman is back. Maybe we can get through a game with no droppsies.

BTW, I saw a photo of Buck Pierce throwing a can in yesterdays 24 Hours commuter paper. But, NO, it was not a can of beer. It was a can of food and Pierce was in the about to toss a longbomb pose. The photo was taken to advertise the foodbank collection going on tonight at the DOME. The photo got me chuckling regardless, just due to last weeks brouhahha in Regina. I like seeing Pierce in these types of articles and his 'be a fan, not a fool' video.
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:I'm gonna guess Lions by 12. Attendance 33,312. Lions are winning and hockey is about to start so maybe we'll get a few fairweather fans not into the NHL preseason.

I am glad Coleman is back. Maybe we can get through a game with no droppsies.

BTW, I saw a photo of Buck Pierce throwing a can in yesterdays 24 Hours commuter paper. But, NO, it was not a can of beer. It was a can of food and Pierce was in the about to toss a longbomb pose. The photo was taken to advertise the foodbank collection going on tonight at the DOME. The photo got me chuckling regardless, just due to last weeks brouhahha in Regina. I like seeing Pierce in these types of articles and his 'be a fan, not a fool' video.
Geroy contributed to our "droppsies" problem last week, with at least two himself. Catch first YAC afterwards.
Rammer
Team Captain

Please don't hesitate to join in when the crowd starts chanting 'put in Printer's'. Once Porter is pulled, and Williams struggles Printers is the go to guy. I would love to have him play in BC Place before his CFL career comes to a close.
rb
Champion

Rammer wrote: Injuries seem to come at convenient times for CP, a factor that doesn't escape the notice of Aaron Hunt....
I don't agree with Hunt's insinuation about Casey in this regard. I don't think there was anything convenient about his toe injury in '04, or hurting his shoulder in the WDF and then having lingering problems with it, or all of the other hurts that have hampered him in '07 and '08. Or his leg injury in his last year of college, either. I think Casey's just a bit fragile.

He'll land somewhere next year, with a substantial pay cut. There's still talent there so some teams will take the chance at the right price tag. But with his unimpressive performances, injuries and a trail of non-admirers among former and current teammates from college, BC and Hamilton, I'd say he'd better be fully dedicated to improving his physical condition, his skills and his attitude if he wants his career to continue.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

rb wrote:He'll land somewhere next year, with a substantial pay cut.

8)
Real women wear orange!!
mightybuck
Legend

Go Lions

Colors have been raised on my vehicle and flying free on hwy 101 through crescent city.

First place is in sight
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Smooth
All Star

looking forward to this one more than most games lately, it's a nice day, a manageable opponent, lions are peaking, battle for the division, everything points towards a wicked night at the Dome.

Lions 33, TiCats 17
Attendance 32,178
woody
Champion

Is this game going to be blacked out?
LFITQ
Team Captain

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:Petal to the effin metal tonight boys.

go leos go
LOL... That just sounds funny. I have this image of a flower petal being pushed to the floor!

DPF - for the record it is "PEDAL" not "PETAL". PEDAL is the thing on the floor of a vehicle to make the car accelerate. PETAL is the colourful part of the flower!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??