Smallest crowd in 3 years expected tonight

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

firstdown45

I hear they're expecting the smallest crowd in 3 seasons tonight; only sold 27,000 tickets.

This city is starving for a winner and it's not finding it in the Canucks or Lions
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

are you kidding me?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
bclions16
Champion

He loves ticking people off with this stuff, and people responding sorta love to hate him too. It's really a win-win situation!
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:sleep: :sleep:
Vern Halen
Champion

27,000? That's just shy of a sellout at Taylor Field (It'll always be Taylor Field to me...)! 27,000 can make quite a ruckus...someone had a soundmeter at last nights game at Taylor Field and there was a peak of 122.7 in the Fourth quarter and a sustained average of 117.4 in the final 5 minutes.

120 dB = rock concert or a jet engine... Roar Lions Fans Roar - make some noise under that dome of yours!
firstdown45

I know, I was impressed. I was also impressed with all the Rider fans at the game I was at in Calgary.
Ravi
Legend

On TV, it does look like the smallest crowd in a while at B.C. Place. The lower bowl is not full and there doesn't appear to be a huge crowd in the upper bowl. I am not sure what Vancouver fans want considering how good the Lions have been since '03. Sure, they are struggling a little so far this season but that is no reason for some sports fans in Vancouver to be abandoning them. What a great game tonight as well. It is already 28-26 Lions and we haven't even hit halftime.
ziggy
Legend

Ravi wrote:On TV, it does look like the smallest crowd in a while at B.C. Place. The lower bowl is not full and there doesn't appear to be a huge crowd in the upper bowl. I am not sure what Vancouver fans want considering how good the Lions have been since '03. Sure, they are struggling a little so far this season but that is no reason for some sports fans in Vancouver to be abandoning them. What a great game tonight as well. It is already 28-26 Lions and we haven't even hit halftime.
Hot time summer in the city! Face it , its August weather is good and folks go outside in these parts. Wouldn't read too much into it!
LFITQ
Team Captain

They did say it was 30,000 on TSN.

I don't have the actual numbers however.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Ravi
Legend

LFITQ wrote:They did say it was 30,000 on TSN.

I don't have the actual numbers however.
The announced attendance was 30,863.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

firstdown45 wrote:I hear they're expecting the smallest crowd in 3 seasons tonight; only sold 27,000 tickets.

This city is starving for a winner and it's not finding it in the Canucks or Lions
If you want to keep starting attendance threads, you'll have to step up your game. You missed by nearly 4,000.
David
Team Captain

Ravi, considering the total second half meltdown on national TV last week, combined with our fine West Coast summer and a hot and stuffy pre-Labour day dome, 30,863 was a good number. The fans that were there were really into it and made a lot of noise when the Esks offense was on the field. The standing ovation Stefan Logan received when he went he walked off the field after getting injured was a real treat.

I am not sure where firstdown45 gets his information of if he makes it up but clearly, this was not the smallest crowd in 3 years.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

David wrote:Ravi, considering the total second half meltdown on national TV last week, combined with our fine West Coast summer and a hot and stuffy pre-Labour day dome, 30,863 was a good number. The fans that were there were really into it and made a lot of noise when the Esks offense was on the field. The standing ovation Stefan Logan received when he went he walked off the field after getting injured was a real treat.

I am not sure where firstdown45 gets his information of if he makes it up but clearly, this was not the smallest crowd in 3 years.

DH 8)
Good point David. The TV also doesn't show the Lions have expanded their configuration to 40,000 this season by opening up both upper bowl sidelines so a 31,000 crowd will seem smaller than before.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:Ravi, considering the total second half meltdown on national TV last week, combined with our fine West Coast summer and a hot and stuffy pre-Labour day dome, 30,863 was a good number. The fans that were there were really into it and made a lot of noise when the Esks offense was on the field. The standing ovation Stefan Logan received when he went he walked off the field after getting injured was a real treat.

DH 8)
From what I've been able to gather from his own words is the only media person he trusts is Jim Mullin yet he regularly bases his gloom and doom information on anonymous quotes from people who cite "my sources". In other words we have an anonymous poster providing anonymous quotes fueled by information from other anonymous sources.

For the record 30863 becomes the smallest crowd since the second home game of last season and was only the 6th smallest crowd in the last 2-1/2 seasons. Every year you will have a game that is your smallest crowd of the season. If last night's game turns out to be it then I think the Lions will be quite happy.
The smallest crowds in recent years:
2008: 30863
2007: 29045
2006: 27312
2005: 27506
2004: 20952
2003: 20131
2002: 14218
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Actually Hambone, the attendance last night was not even the lowest of this season. That would have been the 30,132 at the Alouettes game 2 weeks ago.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar