40.000 for opening night?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

chimpy

Heard this morning on 1040, that the lions could get 40,000 for opening night, as they are very near 30.000 tickets sold already, they said if they can go into Calgary and win, and Sask can also win, then there is a good chance.I do not think they will hit it yet, it is too early in the season and having opening night on a friday does not help either, i say if the lions win in calgary they will get around 35,000 at the most if they lose, and do not play well i say around 32,000.

What does everybody else think?
Rammer
Team Captain

I am just waiting to hear the conflicting views of 120db and firstdown45 in order to access an accurate retort.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

chimpy wrote:Heard this morning on 1040, that the lions could get 40,000

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

35,000 is more realistic given they have yet to hit 40,000 for the regular season in the Ackles/Buono era despite some pretty significant games in the fall the past few years (’05 finale against the Riders comes to mind). That will come post-B.C. Place renovations in 2010.

Last year, they were defending champions opened the season with a win in Toronto and had a solid western rival for their opener (Edmonton). Attendance was 32,893.

The Riders are their best draw but 40,000 is a serious stretch at this time of year.
No Ka Oi
Starter

I think they'rl maybee be 38,214 in attendance, but we'll never now for shure unless somebuddy doze a section by section tickermaster check? :yes:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

hahaha i theennnkkk wiiii kneeeeed twooo duuuu that write know! :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Mabey.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

hahaha
2012 Season Ticket Holder
pennw
Legend

chimpy wrote: having opening night on a friday does not help

Saturday is certainly a better night to go to a game for people who live outside Vancouver or go to work , but Friday is sure better than a Thursday night for those same people . Which night are you implying is a better night?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

It's a toss-up, I'm sure, because a Friday night game means a lot of people can just stay downtown after work... go for burger and beer to kill some time before the game... maybe hang out at a tailgater.

For those of us that live out in the 'burb, Saturday IS generally better, although I can sometimes schedule my work day to put me downtown for game time.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
lion24
Legend

Whether it is 40,000 or not the most important thing is..................NOISE!!!!!! :beauty:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

1 down, 9 more noisemonkey attendance threads to go.... :sleep:
Tighthead
Legend

I am oddly intrigued by the noise/attendance devotion of certain posters. The focus and passion is commendable.
Disturber
Champion

I think it's entirely possible to have 40,000 for the season opener. That would be fantastic.
Go Lions!
chimpy

i think know that Buck Pierce is starting against Calgary, and if we win, and look good doing it we will hit the 40,000 mark for the fist time as a home opener, i think since 1989, were the lions again hosted sask,
and had a crowed of 41,000, i was there, i think the last time the lions had 40,000 for a regular season game was 1994,last game of the season against calgary,. celebrating the lions being in the CFL for 40 years. Since then we have come close a couple of times, exspecally i remember against Sask , last game of the year in 2005, i think there was around 38,000.