Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote: I understand why Wally went with a guy with experience in Shivers and someone he had closely worked with in the past.
Solar Max wrote: We are poorer for what transpired here, with Shivers working poolside Vegas, and Coach Wade working the NCAA and NFL camps.
OrangeShoes99 wrote:Yeah, Shivers is sitting around the pool...he's old and washed up cause he's taken a year away from the game

I know Wade was your Ottawa boy Lawrence, but lets not belittle Shivers because you're pissed at this move.

All the best to Richard Wade in Hamilton.
Obie worked poolside from Mississauga too, so I’m not sure if you haven’t misinterpreted Solar Max’s comment OS99?

It looks to me that he merely laments the loss of the great potential of Richard Wade to be the next Bob O’Billovich, or Roy Shivers our under banner, and not Hamilton’s.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote: I know Wade was your Ottawa boy Lawrence, but lets not belittle Shivers because you're pissed at this move. The Lions have always been active recruiting in the states, and you make it sound like their sitting around doing nothing. You can dislike Shivers for his actions in the media at times, but you can't deny he has an eye for talent.

All the best to Richard Wade in Hamilton.
We aren't doing this, OS99. Attack me at your own site, not here.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Attack you? My own site?

Lawrence, grow up. Because someone debates your words does not constitute an attack. Get that through your insecure head.

I'll post here when I want to. I am a Lions fan. I'm not breaking any rules by giving MY OPINION on your post. If you can't deal with that, that's your problem, not mine.

Your post was a clear attack on Shivers, suggesting he was sitting by a pool somewhere doing nothing.

I'll continue to post here, whether you like it or not.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
D
Team Captain

I hate to lose a guy like Wade but I wish him all the best

as a side note from the FAQ
What are my Friends and Foes lists?
ou can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
ou can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page. :popcorn:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

D wrote:I hate to lose a guy like Wade but I wish him all the best

as a side note from the FAQ
What are my Friends and Foes lists?
ou can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
ou can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page. :popcorn:
Hehe.....good call D. :thup: Personally I don't feel the need to add anyone to a foes list. I come to these boards for debate, and not everyone will agree. Some people can't handle other opinions, or having their opinions challeneged, so be it.
Last edited by OrangeShoes99 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Attack you? My own site?

Lawrence, grow up. Because someone debates your words does not constitute an attack. Get that through your insecure head.

I'll post here when I want to. I am a Lions fan. I'm not breaking any rules by giving MY OPINION on your post. If you can't deal with that, that's your problem, not mine.

Your post was a clear attack on Shivers, suggesting he was sitting by a pool somewhere doing nothing.

I'll continue to post here, whether you like it or not.
Lord, oh lord...where did I say you couldn't post here?

Here is what I said:
We aren't doing this, OS99. Attack me at your own site, not here.
Now whether you want to admit it or not, you were not disputing my post, you were taking personal shots by attacking my home town, etc. And...my opinion is just as valid as yours.

FOR THE RECORD: I do not dispute your loyalty to the BC Lions, your commitment to the fandom, or anything else. All I'm saying is attack what I say, not who I am.

"Grow UP" just makes you look as if you have no proper response.

And if you wanted to goad me into a personal attack on you in return, here it is: I love you, man. 8)
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Good lord, where did I insult your home town???? Quit making this pathetic stuff up Lawrence!!!

I said he was your Ottawa boy...no insulth there.

And by tellimg me I am not entitled to my opinions here, you are telling me not to post here. If you don't want your opinions challenged, then maybe you shouldn't post.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Good lord, where did I insult your home town???? Quit making this pathetic stuff up Lawrence!!!

I said he was your Ottawa boy...no insulth there.

And by tellimg me I am not entitled to my opinions here, you are telling me not to post here. If you don't want your opinions challenged, then maybe you shouldn't post.
Show me where I said you aren't entitled to your opinion, or retract the statement. Show me where I told you not to post here, or retract the statement.

I did neither, you are making that up. Now be responsible for a change.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

God you're a child...

"Attack me on your own site, not here"

I did not attack you Lawrence, I challenged the statement you made about Shivers, period. Any logical person can see that. Why is fair for you to make a gerogatory statement about Shivers and not be challenged on it? Why do you expect that? If that's your opinion, then fine, but others may have a different opinion and may challenge yours, that is not an attack.

I'm not retracting squat.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Now, in typical fashion you have deleted half of this thread to save face...what an abuse of mod powers... :sigh:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Now, in typical fashion you have deleted half of this thread to save face...what an abuse of mod powers... :sigh:
I split the non football yada yada from the Football Forum to here in the pub, and that's an "Abuse of my Mod Powers"?

Show me where I deleted anything.

You realize that you're really making yourself look bad here by making outlandish untrue statements time after time, right? And that I wouldn't tell you that if I didn't like you and care about you?
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

So you split them fair enough, I apologize.

Cut the like and care about you crap too. You've proven that to be false time after time.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:So you split them fair enough, I apologize.

Cut the like and care about you crap too. You've proven that to be false time after time.
I love you, man. :wink:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Your sarcasm is making you look like a fool Lawrence. But whatever makes you feel good, after all, you're standing up to the "bully" right?

If you like me and care about me why do you avoid me in public? Why do you tell people I am a bully? The only time you talk about me is behind my back, and thats been proven over and over...even in your own words. :roar: Personally, I could care less, I want nothing to do with you in person, and I have told you that!!

Give it a rest already. You can't take a debate without considering an attack. That is not my problem.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Your sarcasm is making you look like a fool Lawrence. But whatever makes you feel good, after all, you're standing up to the "bully" right?

If you like me and care about me why do you avoid me in public? Why do you tell people I am a bully? The only time you talk about me is behind my back, and thats been proven over and over...even in your own words. :roar: Personally, I could care less, I want nothing to do with you in person, and I have told you that!!

Give it a rest already. You can't take a debate without considering an attack. That is not my problem.
Not standin' up ta nuttin'. Not tellin' people nuttin' Just lettin' you run off at the mouth, actually. You make my points far more effectively than I can, with your irascible wit.

One piece of advice, though; keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.