Is this person really a Rider fan?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Every once in a blue moon, I like to wander over to RF.com and see what's going on. Strolled over there just now and saw this avatar. At first glance, I thought "No way this person's a Rider fan". Then I considered that maybe they thought because it was green and white and had the Rider logo on it, that it showed some o' that Rider Pride. Look, and discuss:

Real women wear orange!!
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I think it's probably an indication of how rabid the province is about the Riders if there are fire hydrants painted in their honour.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
iso_55

Now, if there was a tree beside it... :wink:
MacNews
Team Captain

It's time we take out the big guns..where are the BC Lion-contacts?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Where is Nate Davis when you need him?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I think it's probably an indication of how rabid the province is about the Riders if there are fire hydrants painted in their honour.
That was my guess as well, but a fire hydrant? We need one of those dogs who won the Lions 'Dress your Pet' contest to pay it a visit I think! :rotf:
Real women wear orange!!
Dan Russell
Legend

Their is nothing else to do in Saskatchewan so fire hydrant painting is big in Sakatchewan apparently.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I guess this isn't striking you guys the way it struck me. Here's how I see it: why would you put your logo on something that some animals are known to urinate on? It's got nothing to do with team pride, or new and creative places to market your team. That logo is going to get pissed on. Ahh....never mind-if ya gotta explain it....... 8)
Real women wear orange!!
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

It has everything to do with team pride. I've seen hydrants painted creatively in many cities. Hell, I bet if the DD spirit bear was standing on that corner, it would get pissed on by dogs too...

No worries, your intent was understood the first time. 8)
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Dan Russell
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:I guess this isn't striking you guys the way it struck me. Here's how I see it: why would you put your logo on something that some animals are known to urinate on? It's got nothing to do with team pride, or new and creative places to market your team. That logo is going to get pissed on. Ahh....never mind-if ya gotta explain it....... 8)

I got you, I was just saying that Saskatchewan is boring place to be so they have to do weird things to mix things up and create some fun.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Where is Nate Davis when you need him?
:lol:

Your wit is appreciated.
Entertainment value = an all time low