FOUND: Starbucks for masochists.

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

Stolen from another board:
I recently received a coupon to get any drink I wanted at Starbucks. They do this if something goes awry with a previous experience as a nice gesture.

I decided to use the coupon for an experiment: What is the most expensive drink I can order?

Luckily (or unluckily), I happen to live in Manhattan and that makes Starbucks prices expensive. Yup, they fluctuate from region to region (and even store to store). The first thing I did was call a dozen Starbucks stores around Manhattan to see who had the most expensive prices. I used my regular order of a tall soy chai to make the comparison. I figured a Starbucks in Times Square would be more expensive than where I live on the Upper East. It’s even a cool idea itself to create a Starbucks heatmap of Manhattan.

Boringly, most Starbucks in Manhattan (no matter where located) rang my drink up at $4.23.

My next problem was I needed to find out the most expensive stuff to put in a drink. I called up my sister Lauren who happens to work at a Starbucks. She told me that I definitely need to go with the venti white mocha and to add as many shots as possible.

I then went to Starbucks to make my drink. I told the barista that I was there as part of a contest to make the most expensive drink. She played along, trying to squeeze as much as we could into a venti cup. She thoroughly enjoyed the problem at hand (although other customers on line were getting peeved).

And the ultimate yuppified result: A 13 shot venti soy hazelnut vanilla cinnamon white mocha with extra white mocha and caramel. It cost a total of $13.76 (with tax).

After she rang up the amount, I then presented her the coupon (which I didn’t reveal beforehand). She laughed, comped the entire drink, and I left.

At first taste, it tasted just like a shot. The 13 shots in it were just too strong. However, when I got home, I mixed it more with a spoon and it became drinkable (even enjoyable to my girlfriend). It was very sweet and I’m still shaking a bit. I didn’t attempt to drink the entire thing since I’d like to sleep tonight.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Oooookay.....
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Heheh, I get a kick out of this line:

"It was very sweet and I’m still shaking a bit."

Uhh... ya THINK??
(\__/)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Starbucks has the worst coffee IMO. Too much hype
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Starbucks has the worst coffee IMO. Too much hype
I like to think of Starbucks as the Microsoft of coffee.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

What it freezes then you have to reboot?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

BSOD = Blue Soy Of Death
(\__/)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:What it freezes then you have to reboot?
I was referring to its ubiquity.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan Russell
Legend

What a story.