Klassen attributes recovery to God's hand

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

Klassen attributes miraculous recovery to God's hand

Updated Thu. Feb. 14 2008 7:57 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Flashing a bright smile to reporters and arranging her shiny blond hair for the cameras, Lisa Klassen did not look like someone who narrowly escaped death just nine days ago.

While some are considering it a lucky comeback after the 15-metre plunge into an icy river, Klassen says she prefers a different word: miraculous.

"I've really experienced the hand of God through the whole experience," Klassen said, surrounded by her mother Helga on one side and her older sister Cindy, an Olympic speed-skating champion, on the other. "I know everything's part of his plan... Obviously it wasn't my time."
Link

Oh no, she mentioned 'God', now will she be mentioned alongside "extreme evangelical conservative"?
Or do we only apply the tar-and-feather treatment to Republicans?
:tease:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I think the tar and feather treatment is saved for the far right fringes of the Republican party.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

She is a lucky lady to have an off duty firefighter come to her rescue.
nelson95
Legend

I wouldn't take away anyones faith but I don't get how they don't realize how pompus it sounds believing God would save you but not the X million others who die weekly especially children.

At least this involved a near-death experience and not a dunk or TD pass
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

"I've really experienced the hand of God through the whole experience," Klassen said, surrounded by her mother Helga on one side and her older sister Cindy, an Olympic speed-skating champion, on the other. "I know everything's part of his plan... Obviously it wasn't my time."

Yeah, ok. But it was part of God's plan to throw you over a bridge and break your tailbone, vertebra and pelvis?

Nice God you've got there. I think I'll pass, thanks.