I dont know if anyone will care but

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I just feel like sharing about the person I admire(d) the most, and invite others to do the same

"My foster father was a man of God, who loved God with all his heart, lived his life in obedience to what he felt was Gods will for his life, both in the big picture long term, and the small picture daily, and under that he lived to make life better for unfortunate children.

He was a hard working man, worked his way up to manager of a dominion store, then bought his own small dutch importing business. Started out in small warehouse behind the house they lived, same property. Just himself, a part time driver, and a part time bagger. He built it up to be the second largest dutch importing business in BC and Alberta.

In the meantime, he took in children as an emergency shelter for the Childrens Aid Society to take kids they rescued until they found a more permanant place for them, and he walked in worship and obedience to God.

When I first walked through his front door, at the age of 13, at 11 pm, he was expecting me. He later told me that god had told him two things in dreams one night not long before. One that his mother was going to die unexpectantly, and the other that I was coming and he was to keep me. His mother did die, and I did show up, right within a few days of his dreams. So, out of his love for God, and children, he obediently asked that I might stay permanent with them. I was given a choice to stay with them or another regular type foster home. I was nervous about his religiousness, but I chose them anyhow.

He would go on to be an elder at one church, then another, host weekly prayer meetings, led singing during church services, and even become the first pastor of a major burnaby church, even though that was not his main calling. He continued on in his business and also started up a Home for Children in the Philipeans, mostly funded by himself.

I would watch him in awe when he was talking about jesus, specially in church. When leading singing, it would be like he was singing directly to GoD\Jesus. The look on his face, the change in his voice, his clear total love for Jesus was something I wanted to experience more than anything.
When he died 6 yrs ago, his last words were to Jesus, so him. It was like he was seeing Jesus waiting for him. I cant to this day think of that without being so totally moved to tears. I had to stop typing this for a few minutes.

It is my beleif that the two most worthwhile and important things a man can do is to love Jesus and to love Children, in both heart and action, through obedience, and servitude to both. No man I have ever seen did that better than my Foster father. "

To those that read this, thank you.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

One can always admire those that work to help others and strive to be the best person that they can be whatever the motivation.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Nicely put forth KIA, an almost Oprah like rendition of a loved one that has deeply touched ones life. I am very happy that his influence remains with you to this day, I hope to have that same passion with regards to my own father 6 years after his eventual passing as well, but for many different reasons than what you have listed. Just make sure that you are comfortable with anyone that is close to you should they pass away surprisingly or not. If you don't ever allow yourself regrets, death is easier to handle in my observations.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Nicely put forth KIA, an almost Oprah like rendition of a loved one that has deeply touched ones life. I am very happy that his influence remains with you to this day, I hope to have that same passion with regards to my own father 6 years after his eventual passing as well, but for many different reasons than what you have listed. Just make sure that you are comfortable with anyone that is close to you should they pass away surprisingly or not. If you don't ever allow yourself regrets, death is easier to handle in my observations.
thanks.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back