Bad News from Riderville...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Vern Halen
Champion

Flick hurt

Slotback D.J. Flick, who led the Riders with 10 touchdown catches this season, left Friday's practice with an injury and didn't return.

"I don't know what it is,'' said head coach Kent Austin, who had to dash away afterwards to catch the CFL team's charter flight to Vancouver.

Flick's status doesn't have to be decided until one hour before kickoff of Sunday's West semifinal against the B.C. Lions. If Flick can't play, a likely scenario shifts Yo Murphy to slotback and Kahlil Hill replaces Murphy at wideout.

--Darrell Davis

http://communities.canada.com/reginalea ... fault.aspx
Noodles
Rookie

that sucks.
George Black in response to canned noise at BC Place: wrote: As I’m sure you understand, we cannot penalize a rumour.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Ouch. You guys are starting to suffer what we did earlier in the year.
Zarquon
Champion

I thought you said this was bad news. :wink:

Seriously though that would be a huge blow to the Riders.
Last edited by Zarquon on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Ouch. You guys are starting to suffer what we did earlier in the year.
...and Rider fans were very quick to point out that injuries are part of the game are not excuses. Riders will line up 12 guys, so will we.

The best team will win.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Cates, Dominguez, Szarka, Flick. Wow. :no:
Vern Halen
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:Ouch. You guys are starting to suffer what we did earlier in the year.
...and Rider fans were very quick to point out that injuries are part of the game are not excuses. Riders will line up 12 guys, so will we.

The best team will win.
True dat. Man, are the Riders snake-bit with $!@%%*&* injuries at the wrong time of year. :x :x :x
Vern Halen
Champion

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Cates, Dominguez, Szarka, Flick. Wow. :no:
Szark will probably play...listed as day-to-day right now.
leeinq
Rookie

Starting???? Not sure what the stats are now, but mid season the Riders had the highest number of game days lost to injuries in the league and that was before MD the leagues leading receiver at the time was hurt, before Cates was out, before Szarka, etc, etc

But as others have said, we will have 12 players on the field, and that is what matters.
Disturber
Champion

Flick will probably play
Go Lions!
Rammer
Team Captain

leeinq wrote:
Starting???? Not sure what the stats are now, but mid season the Riders had the highest number of game days lost to injuries in the league and that was before MD the leagues leading receiver at the time was hurt, before Cates was out, before Szarka, etc, etc

But as others have said, we will have 12 players on the field, and that is what matters.
Were all the players injured or just used for depth, seems plausible that the Riders used teh IR as a ploy to retain a few TC players for further evaluation. Besides most of the injured were not starters.
Entertainment value = an all time low
leeinq
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
leeinq wrote:

Were all the players injured or just used for depth, seems plausible that the Riders used teh IR as a ploy to retain a few TC players for further evaluation. Besides most of the injured were not starters.
I have no doubt that the IR has been used to stash people, but at the time I was talking about, the 17 were legitimate. Now later in the season, Tate ( a QB prospect) and a few others would fall in the stash category.
leeinq
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
leeinq wrote:

Well not really, Eddie Davis, Murphy , Makowsky, Stancil, Adams, Frenette (long snapper), Jurineak, Cherniawski (key special teams) and Mullinder. The others I will give you.
120dB
Legend

don't be fooled; this could be a trick to get the Lions to take the Riders less seriously. Austin has some cards in his back pocket he hasn't used yet. Beware
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:don't be fooled; this could be a trick to get the Lions to take the Riders less seriously. Austin has some cards in his back pocket he hasn't used yet. Beware
Yea I agree, Kent gave a poster on RF a call and said go over and put up a silly post on lionbackers and maybe Wally will read it and believe it.
I have my head up my butt - 120db