Murphy Has the Lions Growing Playoff Mustaches

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rob Murphy is quite a character. We have known that almost since the day he arrived in this town.

The mustache thing is random, weird, funny and quintessentially Murphy.

It crosses all cultural divides.

The fair-haired guys may have to augment their colouring to achieve the necessary motorcycle cop hue.

The hair-challenged (Wake) may have to borrow from the hair-endowed (Sherko).

"You can already see some problems shaping up," says Murphy. "[Kelly Bates, the pigmentally-challenged guard] will have to dye his."

"It has to be a motorcycle-cop moustache," he says. "No goatees. No tapering. Some of the black guys are going to have issues. But we've already talked to them and they're on board."

Still, everyone is willing to do their part. Sherko Haji-Rasouli, the hirsute guard, is the odds-on favourite to grow the best moustache.

"If he thinks real hard it pops up," says Murphy. "He'll just start from scratch and he can catch up in one day."

"[Haji-Rasouli]'s going to shave his body and leave the hair in the locker room if people need extra," says Reid.

"I'm one of those guys who might need a little help from Sherko," says Wake.

Random, weird, funny and all Murphy. It must be his hockey background.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 40e15f6544
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good one ! :rockin:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

No surprise Wally gave this his blessing -- it's not like he's never had a moustache before.

Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rick James
Legend

I'm growing one too.
Blitz
Team Captain

Murphy thought that Wally was 'in' and was going to grow one too..but it seems like Wally has not committed to grow one too!!

Too bad....he would have looked like Marlon Brando in the "Godfather"!! :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Does anyone remember Glen Jackson's Fu Manchu?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

:lol: I remember Paris Jackson talking about this in Chilliwack and had forgotten about it until today. This is one of the funniest things I've seen a team do in a while. I can't wait to see what the guys are going to look like!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Don't forget your Joe Smith ski masks!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Soundy wrote:Don't forget your Joe Smith ski masks!
Yeah, if Joe isn't sporting the ski mask on Saturday night like he promised I'll make sure he hears about it. :lol:
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

Good ol' Rob, that's all I can say. I'd really like to see how this turns out.
MacNews
Team Captain

Article of the year! This is just further proof of what a great team guy Murphy is.
Linebacker Jay Pottinger is already two weeks into his and sports a natty number, which looks vaguely like an underfed caterpillar crawling across his upper lip.

"I will do my best," Pottinger promises.

"He's involved and it looks fantastic," says Murphy.

Sherko Haji-Rasouli, the hirsute guard, is the odds-on favourite to grow the best moustache.

"If he thinks real hard it pops up," says Murphy. "He'll just start from scratch and he can catch up in one day."

"[Haji-Rasouli]'s going to shave his body and leave the hair in the locker room if people need extra," says Reid.

"I'm one of those guys who might need a little help from Sherko," says Wake.
:rotf:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Rob Murphy said on The TEAM yesterday, he expects to see all the fans wearing a little piece of black tape under their nose.... :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Any store selling halloween stuff should have fake mustaches.

I'm gonna see if I can get some for my little girls to wear this weekend....
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??