So now Tillman's Heartless Too!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

It's being reported this morning that Chris Szarka partially severed two or three fingers in a table saw yesterday and could be reported out for the season. Tillman is saying that he is not ruling Szarka being back before the end of the season. My husband partially severed two fingers and permanently wrecked them two weeks later just tying his shoes (tendons now up in his shoulder and can't use one of those fingers.) Obviously, Tillman is more concerned about getting him on the field whether he is ready or not.

Also, not ONE word in the media from Tillman or anyone else on Sunday's melee! Everyone on Riderfans.com is talking about how much better Austin handled it than Buono. I don't know how Wally could have handled it any better. He kept his mouth shut and waited for the league to rule and then accepted everything they dished out. I also can't stand how they are demeaning Wally and making fun of his high cholesterol. That's just plain ignorant!

Okay, sorry for the rant, but I still haven't totally calmed down at the double standards.
K-Dogg
prospect

Is that really fair to say of Tillman considering he spent most of the day in hospital with a member of the team who severed a couple fingers? That being said, I'm sure this weekends issues will be addressed soon (most likely following the League's decision). I can definitely see Jones and Abou-Mechrek being fined for their actions following their disqualification...whether it's by the team or the League.
Rammer
Team Captain

K-Dogg wrote:Is that really fair to say of Tillman considering he spent most of the day in hospital with a member of the team who severed a couple fingers? That being said, I'm sure this weekends issues will be addressed soon (most likely following the League's decision). I can definitely see Jones and Abou-Mechrek being fined for their actions following their disqualification...whether it's by the team or the League.
As more details come forward, I am sure this will be clarified on the Tillman/Szarka front. I am hoping for a speedy recovery for Chris, that is an unfortunate scenario for all CFL fans.

As a Lion fan you have to question the difference from one side of the fence to the other and that is a valid observation on Tillman's media silence in comparison to his previous stance, where he was on air for 4 days afterwards. I think that the max the Riders will see is some fines from the league, but generally speaking, most teams would have a fine system in place for an ejection that places the team in vulnerable situation.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Where's that Austin quote when I need it? You know the one about benching players regardless of what the League does?

Anyone got it around somewhere?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Where's that Austin quote when I need it? You know the one about benching players regardless of what the League does?

I was looking for it myself.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Where's that Austin quote when I need it? You know the one about benching players regardless of what the League does?

How's this?
"If my players are on top of somebody, roughing up a player after the whistle, it wouldn't take the referees to take them out of the game. They'd be sitting on the bench with me.''
Kent Austin, as reported by Rob Vanstone on Page A1 of The Leader-Post
Tuesday, September 25
LFITQ
Team Captain

Thank you BC Fan. :rockin:
David
Team Captain

Then there was that sanctimonious SOB Tillman publicly rebuking Wally on TEAM1040, "it (players losing control) is a direct reflection of the Head Coach." Then two of his players make jack-asses out of themselves one month later when they get tossed from a game. :roll:

I knew those comments would come back to bite him sooner rather than later. :twisted:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DerekDD
Starter

Click Here

Excerpts by Tillman:

"Chris has been a huge part of our success this year but that truly seems insignificant when compared to human terms,'' Tillman said.

"The good news is he did not lose his fingers, which could have easily happened in an accident such as this, and that the surgery was successful,'' Tillman said Monday. "We are pleased beyond words that Chris is expected to have the full use of his fingers after rehabilitation.''

"As much as Chris loves this team and where we're going, he is hopeful to be back in uniform within a month and to be able to participate in the playoffs. We're just grateful that he is so fortunate, given what might have taken place."

-----------------------------

Tillman heartless??? Hardly! His quotes make the heartless accusation completely bogus!
Shaggy
Starter

I think this is a case of Tillman's silence actually speaking volumes.

He probably thinks he's better to keep his mouth shut in this instance. Unless he comes out and publicly apologizes to Wally and the Lions for his previous statements, anything he says regarding his own team's actions has zero credibility. He talked the talk, now he needs to walk the walk.

I also wonder if Kent Austin will be keeping his ejected players on the bench for the next game? After all, he wasn't able to bench them, they were already gone.
LFITQ
Team Captain

I also wonder if Kent Austin will be keeping his ejected players on the bench for the next game? After all, he wasn't able to bench them, they were already gone.
What about Joseph? From the hilights I have seen he didn't bench Joseph. Joseph threw punches at Tiller. Austin kept Joseph in the game.

Guess Tillman was right in that it is a reflection of the coach. :roll:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

DerekDD wrote:Click Here

Excerpts by Tillman:

"Chris has been a huge part of our success this year but that truly seems insignificant when compared to human terms,'' Tillman said.

"The good news is he did not lose his fingers, which could have easily happened in an accident such as this, and that the surgery was successful,'' Tillman said Monday. "We are pleased beyond words that Chris is expected to have the full use of his fingers after rehabilitation.''

"As much as Chris loves this team and where we're going, he is hopeful to be back in uniform within a month and to be able to participate in the playoffs. We're just grateful that he is so fortunate, given what might have taken place."

-----------------------------

Tillman heartless??? Hardly! His quotes make the heartless accusation completely bogus!
Tillman has a soft spot for amputees and diabetics.....and microphones.

Lionbackers, as does Mr. Tillman, wish Chris a speedy recovery. It is unfortunate that this had to happen to a fine BC boy.

Now, Mr. Pissant, about your team's on-field behaviour. It would seem that in the last couple of dust-ups that have taken place there is a common denominator........the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Protecting their QB huh? And getting kicked out of the game to boot. Must have done something dirty to deserve that.

Will Mr. Austin be benching these dirty players as he had promised? We'll just have to wait and see.
Hutch85
All Star

Quote:
"If my players are on top of somebody, roughing up a player after the whistle, it wouldn't take the referees to take them out of the game. They'd be sitting on the bench with me.''

Kent Austin, as reported by Rob Vanstone on Page A1 of The Leader-Post
Tuesday, September 25
*ahem* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Darn it all to heck, eh Kent? ;-)

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Chris...