Mccallum hits Pilon in head

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mrny
prospect

I heard a caller on the post game show talk about this incident... just wondering who else saw it.... this is what took place...both teams kickers were practising field goals.... the balls were coming down when the players of both teams returned to the field....#64 for calgary Pilon got pegged in the head from a Mccallum field goal.... if you have the game on tape then you can see at the end of half time the cbc reporter was interviewing higgins and in the back ground is pilon bent over in agony with the trainers tending to him... he then went crazy trying to get at mccallum.... the other players were trying to hold his back as were the refs..I didnt see him hit the ref as the caller mentioned...I did see mccallum as well as wake making hand gestures as to say " bring it on" .... This whole incident was obviously an accident..... i dont think mccallum intened to peg off calgary players as they entered the field....anyways pilon was crazy on the sidelines...I mentioned to my husband that I wonder if now we will see some sort of pay back towards mccallum what the 2nd half started...... hmmmmm..... mccallum is now injured and doubtful for fridays game.....even mccallum says he was clipped and doesnt know who did it.... it was # 32.... he was in mccallum's face after he punted the ball , mccallum got away and was down field blocking when he was blindsided by #32 and ended up face down for a few minutes... now with an injured butt!!!!!!!

Anyone else see all this go down .....
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

I saw that happen when the stamps were returning to the field. It was clearly a case of the Stampeder looking down at his feet while walking. It was his own fault all the way.
Roar Lions Roar
Big Time
Champion

I saw the Stampeder going crazy as they walked on the field but didn't know what started it. The guy was really losing it. He had to be restrained several times and at one point it looked like he nearly hit the ref although clearly he didn't as he would have been tossed. Not likely to see any suspension, nor do I think it's worth it.

I never saw the replay on McCallum's injury but considering where on the field he was hurt it looked to me like someone was cruising and just nailed him when they saw the opportunity. I was surprised there was no penalty. What did people see on the replay?
I_Bleed_Orange
Starter

I'll be honest... I didn't see anything. Was wondering how Paul got hurt myself. When Paul was on the trainer's table, it looked to me that he was telling Bill Reichelt that he got hit in the chops, underneath his facemask.
I'm feelin' fine
Sitting in Row A - Sec 39

http://picasaweb.google.com/SayYesToFun
Rammer
Team Captain

mrny wrote:I heard a caller on the post game show talk about this incident... just wondering who else saw it.... this is what took place...both teams kickers were practising field goals.... the balls were coming down when the players of both teams returned to the field....#64 for calgary Pilon got pegged in the head from a Mccallum field goal.... if you have the game on tape then you can see at the end of half time the cbc reporter was interviewing higgins and in the back ground is pilon bent over in agony with the trainers tending to him... he then went crazy trying to get at mccallum.... the other players were trying to hold his back as were the refs..I didnt see him hit the ref as the caller mentioned...I did see mccallum as well as wake making hand gestures as to say " bring it on" .... This whole incident was obviously an accident..... i dont think mccallum intened to peg off calgary players as they entered the field....anyways pilon was crazy on the sidelines...I mentioned to my husband that I wonder if now we will see some sort of pay back towards mccallum what the 2nd half started...... hmmmmm..... mccallum is now injured and doubtful for fridays game.....even mccallum says he was clipped and doesnt know who did it.... it was # 32.... he was in mccallum's face after he punted the ball , mccallum got away and was down field blocking when he was blindsided by #32 and ended up face down for a few minutes... now with an injured butt!!!!!!!

Anyone else see all this go down .....
Strange happenings. I missed all of this, although I thought it strange that both FG kickers were out prior to the rest of the team practicing FG's on the same end of the field. But that makes more sense on the ST play seemed to be amped up among the players, with Coe getting into it as well. Perhaps the Lions are a dirty team afterall. :lol:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Perhaps the Lions are a dirty team afterall. :lol:
And the fine folks at Riderfans don't LIKE you? Maybe it's because you agree with them. :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Was Pilon wearing his helmet coming onto the field ?
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:Perhaps the Lions are a dirty team afterall. :lol:
And the fine folks at Riderfans don't LIKE you? Maybe it's because you agree with them. :wink:
Well it isn't the fine folk that don't like me, it is the other ones......lol Of course that seems to be a mutual feeling at this point of the game. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Pilon did not have his helmet on, according to that caller!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It was one of the most bizarre halftime scenes I've ever witnessed. Sandro DeAngelis came out with 7:45 left in halftime and started kicking field goals at the west goalposts, with a spotter in the end zone to shag the kicks and return the balls to him. As this is the end of the field where the Lions usually warm up, it was a violation of standard etiquette, much as it would be if a player ventured unnecessarily into the opposition bench area. Meanwhile, the Felions and junior Felions had just performed and were trying to gather in that end zone for family photo op. DeAneglis had to keep moving his tee so as not to hit the young women gathered with their backs to him.

As DeAngelis was trying to kick, Paul McCallum and Bret Anderson came out and began also kicking from tees at the same end of the field. McCallum set up at the same distances as DeAngelis and kicked simultaneously. This went on for several minutes, with a few of the balls getting crossed and caught by the opposing team's spotter. While the three players were kicking, everyone else on both teams flowed out of the locker rooms and on to the field at that end. I didn't see whose ball hit whom. The player who seemed most angry, and he had to be restrained by teammates several times during the game, was #77, Tearrius George.

I don't know DeAngelis's normal routine but I've never seen an opposing kicker use the west goalposts during halftime. The Lions clearly wanted to defend their turf. I hope that wasn't related to the hit on McCallum. It's one thing for opponents to play head games with each other, but that's all it was.
Sharpo

Its inexcusable to be firing footballs in the direction of oncoming people. It doesn't matter, felions, stamps, lions. Thats not safe.

"it was an accident, chances were one in a million" WCB would never buy that if you were injured at work and neither do I.

Fine mccallum. absolutely. Have the stamp make mccallum 'donate' the fine money to the Calgary brain injury society.
Big Time
Champion

Did you not read the post? It said that DEANGELIS was the one who initially started kicking balls from the west side. McCallum plays for the Lions!
120dB
Legend

Can't those kickers use the opposite end zone (the side with the portable in the entrance). Not many people generally enter the field from that side.

That football is pressurized to 13 lbs, higher than a soccer ball, and it's as hard as a rock, even harder than a soccer ball, and some of you who've player soccer may recall what's it like to get smashed in the face by a soccer ball.

And if a FeLion or a young Junior FeLion had've been hit by that kick?....
Sharpo

Big Time wrote:Did you not read the post? It said that DEANGELIS was the one who initially started kicking balls from the west side. McCallum plays for the Lions!
Yes. he started it. he apparently had a spotter. a spotter doesn't make it 100% but someone downfield telling you to move because a fscking ball is coming right where you are standing helps. reread the post

also "he started it" is worthy of a grade 6 whine. Thats what I was told when i said stuff like that :P
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Haha i didn't notice this when i watched the game. Sounds like it was his own fault in a way. Funny :lol:
Lets Go Lions!