Ray seperates shoulder

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

His right shoulder too. Wow.... are the injuries to the league starting QBs, starting to pile-up.

He has been so durable over the years too... just like Burris until last week. Means Lions will be facing a back-up QB for 3 of their next 4 games.
ryant
Rookie

Ah the reebok curse strikes again...."Reebok what's your injury"...Byron Parker better watch his back.
120dB
Legend

what degree?
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Glad we got our injuries out of the way early this season.
rb
Champion

Hmmm... will Maas be sent to Edm now?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Eskimos' Ray out with separated shoulder

Canadian Press

9/28/2007 10:53:00 PM

EDMONTON - Edmonton quarterback Ricky Ray was injured Friday during the Eskimos' game against the Toronto Argonauts after taking a serious hit in the second quarter.

At the 8:38 mark of the second, Argo Willie Pile blindsided Ray with a thundering sack, forcing Ray to leave the game with a separated right shoulder, potentially ending his season.

Rookie Stefan LeFors came on in relief.

In his fifth year in the CFL, Ray has never missed a regular season game due to injury.
He is a sensational QB. Only 5 years in the CFL. What a record he has amassed in that short time.

I hate seeing him play for the despised Evil Empire.

I wish Ricky Ray nothing but well, but don't mind seeing the EE have to face some adversity.
120dB
Legend

630 CHED speculates he may be out for the year. Got a kick out of hearing Brian Hall call tonight's crowd of 31,000 "disappointing".

According to many of you, 31,000 for Vancouver is "good".
Gerry
Legend

31,000 is good.
Enough is enough.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:His right shoulder too. Wow.... are the injuries to the league starting QBs, starting to pile-up.
Perhaps the referees will start calling those head shots to the quarterbacks.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:630 CHED speculates he may be out for the year. Got a kick out of hearing Brian Hall call tonight's crowd of 31,000 "disappointing".

Vancouver is obviously too small for you, 120db.

A guy like you needs to be in a megalopolis.

Like New York maybe.

A high roller like you needs that kind of action.

Or maybe Mexico City.

Or maybe Calcutta.

Or Moscow.

Or, I dunno, Istanbul.

Or ... umm Islamabad.

Ya know, a big city that can really pack in a crowd.

You could still see Casey Printers on TV maybe.
Bosco
Team Captain

120dB wrote:
:bang: :bang: :bang: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Rammer
Team Captain

I never expected Ray to miss a down of football, his line was getting better from last seasons squad. He survived last season where he got hit high, low and often, why did that happen this season. Right arm as well, I would speculate that he is out for the season as well, and now yet another home game with subpar entertainment is being presented to us. :bawl: Best of luck Ricky Ray in a quick recovery.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

ryant wrote:Ah the reebok curse strikes again...."Reebok what's your injury"...Byron Parker better watch his back.
You beat me to it. It's been funny watching the ads, oh, he's injured, he's injured etc.... Is any of the 8 besides Parker injured?

One other thing, I think the Eskimos kinda got jobbed on the schedule this year. They have to play more back2backs than any other team, I believe. Calgary-Labour Day, in the midst of an Argo doublebill and they get us later on in the year.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Eskimos' Ray out with separated shoulder

Canadian Press

9/28/2007 10:53:00 PM

EDMONTON - Edmonton quarterback Ricky Ray was injured Friday during the Eskimos' game against the Toronto Argonauts after taking a serious hit in the second quarter.

At the 8:38 mark of the second, Argo Willie Pile blindsided Ray with a thundering sack, forcing Ray to leave the game with a separated right shoulder, potentially ending his season.

Rookie Stefan LeFors came on in relief.

In his fifth year in the CFL, Ray has never missed a regular season game due to injury.
He is a sensational QB. Only 5 years in the CFL. What a record he has amassed in that short time.

I hate seeing him play for the despised Evil Empire.

I wish Ricky Ray nothing but well, but don't mind seeing the EE have to face some adversity.
:whs:
Although Ricky Ray was been kind to BC lately with throwing lots of interceptions.

You have to know Eskimo fan was quite excited about Burris being injured and the opportunity that presented to the Eskimos to move up in the standings.

How did LeFors play in relief?
chimpy

yeah i think the CFL Is in some trouble for entertainment with all these quaterbacks hurt, except of course the lions sask game last sat. a lot of games have been real duds.