Pre-buying Grey Cup festival event tickets

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SJ46
Starter

A question for you Grey Cup veterans who always travel to wherever it takes place: Do you usually pre-buy your tickets to the various festival events or do you just take your chances when you get there? I'm going and mainly interested in visiting the various venues put on by the teams like Tigertown and Riderville. I just don't want to go all the way to Toronto and not be able to get in to some of these things.
SJ46
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I don't know about this year, but in the past, Riderville, SoE and such are all free of charge. If there IS a charge, is usually minimal (like $10 or so). There are a lot of venues where you can enjoy yourself with minimal hits to the wallet. There is also the not-to-miss event of the year, the 13thman Meet and Greet. :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
LFITQ
Team Captain

TD Manitoba I have pre-purchased in the past because it is a ticketed event and does tend to sell out and is really good.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I think events such as the Legends Luncheon are around $45 IIRC, and the SoE breakfast is long sold out. You could buy tickets to Legends right up until the event itself last year.

As for Riderville and Tigertown, just pay up at the door. Montreal's Huddle can be a little tough to get into though.
eskinator
All Star

LFITQ wrote:TD Manitoba I have pre-purchased in the past because it is a ticketed event and does tend to sell out and is really good.
Uh Ken. You didn't go to Winnipeg. It was far from "really good". Stupid line-ups for tickets before you bought drinks and a different line-up (usually packed) to get drinks. I think a lot of folks left, then the organizers added another ticket line and opened another bar. Uh, too late guys.

I was not impressed.
What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are - Epictetus
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Yeah, they screwed up royally at TD Manitoba last year.unfortunate since they were the host. I waited in line for half an hour for a beer...

The Lions put on a good party last year, hopefully they can duplicate that in Toronto...lots of black and orange there last year.

I will be attending TD Manitoba again, the Lions Den, both have small charges. Riderville is free, Spirit of Edmonton is free, and both will be getting visits from me, probably AT LEAST twice to the spirit...my favorite room by far.

The other event not to miss if you can get there Wednesday is the taping of Walby's Warriors. Lots of players on hand and it's cool to see the show get taped. :thup:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.