Official 2007 Seattle Seahawks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Seattle Seahawks play their first home pre-season game today at Qwest Field. They are 1-1 in their first two exhibition games on the road and have one more home exhibition game after this one.

Let's use this thread to discuss their upcoming 2007-08 season.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Qwest and Safeco. Seattle has quite the nice setup for the Seahawks and Mariners.

I was down there last week to see the Mariners beat the White Sox at Safeco Field. What a gorgeous field that is.

Looking forward to doing the same at Qwest Field when the NFL season starts.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yes safeco is such a beauty! :yes:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Mrs. Lions4ever and I will be going to Seattle for a football dream weekend on September 8/9. We're taking in the UW Huskies/Boise State tilt at Husky Stadium on Saturday and then the Seahawks/Tampa Bay regular season opener on Sunday. Only 2 regrets:

1. I'll have to catch as much of the Lions/Als game on Sunday morning as possible on the laptop before we have to board the party bus from our hotel down to Qwest Field.

2. There is a 3rd game in Seattle that weekend but it'll be impossible for us to get to. The Washington State Cougars have their regular season opener vs. Fresno State at Qwest on Saturday. Game starts at 4. Not enough time to get out of Husky Stadium and down to Qwest, unfortunately.

Anyone else going to be in Seattle that weekend?
pinkfreud

Are there many tickets available at this point to go to single games? I seem to remember last year it was hard to get tickets. I'd like to go down in October sometime.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Try the Seahawks Season Ticket TICKET EXCHANGE...lots of people have their seats up for sale...not cheap though. I use the Ticket Exchange for Sonics games and always found great deals on great seats.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I'll be in Seattle twice this year for 'Hawk games. Going to see them play the Bengals on Sep. 23rd and will be there on Monday night against the 49ers on Nov. 12th....so stoked for that one!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Anyone interested in taking in a Seahawks game this year?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:Are there many tickets available at this point to go to single games? I seem to remember last year it was hard to get tickets. I'd like to go down in October sometime.
Aside from the aforementioned Ticket Exchange and the usual eBay and Craigslist options, a hotel package is another route, assuming you're prepared to do more than a day trip. We're staying at the Hotel Nexus (the old Ramada Northgate that has been extensively refurbished) and they have a Seahawks room/game package. Plus, it's handy to Northgate which has been undergoing some long-needed renovations recently. Wife happy because one of her favourite clothes shopping stores (something called "Express") is there. :sigh:
MacNews
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Qwest and Safeco. Seattle has quite the nice setup for the Seahawks and Mariners.

I was down there last week to see the Mariners beat the White Sox at Safeco Field. What a gorgeous field that is.

Looking forward to doing the same at Qwest Field when the NFL season starts.
I went when they won 11-5, it was quite the game. The best part was how it was raining, so they flipped a switch and closed the roof!

I'm going to the Seahawks season opener, my first NFL game! It's going to be fun I'm looking forward too it. Too bad I'm 1.5 years away from drinking! :sigh:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I got the passport last summer to do some type of Seattle lookaround Saturday and catch the Hawks game Sunday. Still not sure if I'll make it this year, but thanks for the headsup about the room/ticket packages-that sounds like the way to go. I'm not so worried about where the tickets are-I just want to go to an NFL game (and check out Seattle).

As for the Hawks, I think it's do or done for Holmgren after this season. Don't know how Merv's son is doing- best of luck but if things don't work out.....
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In a hard fought game, the Seahawks take their final preseason game 19-14 over the Oakland Raiders to finish the preseason at 3-1. It will be interesting to see who the final cuts will be as they prepare for their first regular season game against Tampa Bay on September 9.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The Fernandez due (fatherfan and sonplayer) looked in fine form. If Joe can't be playing for BC then Seattle is the next best place from my perspective. Of course I'm sure the Fernandez's want NFL first no matter what! Hope he makes it!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Bad news already for the Seahawks. Defensive tackle Marcus Tubbs is out for the season as he will require surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
nelson95
Legend

I suggest the Cougs game over the Huskies as you can buy beer at QWEST.

But to see Boise State would be cool as well.

Longest current winning streak in Div 1
Give the ball to LeeRoy!