BC vs. Calgary Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Let's hope we return back to our winning ways heading into a bye week.
Balraj
All Star

We really need to win this game, not just to get back on the winning track but to get some confidence back and go into the bye week on a positive note. The main thing that i'm looking at in this game is how our O will play. Our O has to and should have a break out game, passing wise mostly. Defensively you have to stop reynolds first and make them one dimensional and take away play action which doesn't allow Burris to move around a lot. If he does falter we'll see Akili Smith sooner rather than later.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yes lets do this
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

We really need to win this game
Technically no. We don't NEED to win this game. We only really NEED to win enough games to stay in the playoff hunt. Once we've done that then we only NEED to win the playoff game(s) and we are in the big dance. I'd rather be at this point in the season and start a losing skid than at the other end (re: 2005).
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Bosco
Team Captain

It's always good to head into a bye week with a victory under your belt. The welcome week off will give the walking wounded some much needed R & R time.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Pivotal weekend in the West as wins by the Lions and Riders will go a long way to ensuring it will be a two horse race for first place the rest of the way with the Esks and Stamps battling for 3rd.

Time for the offence to have a major part of the victory. It's week 8!

Our 1st 300-yard plus passing game of the season would be nice too. Interesting to see Wally calling out Tony Simmons in LU's story today — indirectly stating he has two games to be productive or could be a post-Labour Day casualty.

Pretty harsh given how the entire passing scheme has looked. But you know Wally starts to get an itchy trigger finger when he believes a certain area of his team needs a shake-up.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

This game is going to be crucial for the Leo's and Stamp's. The Calgary papers are all over the Stumps. Reynolds has come out and requested to Higgins that he needs more touches in order for their offence to succeed. Boerigter is a no show as he will sit this out.... not a happy camper. He should have taken up Wally's offer before TC but chose to sign with the Stumps. It will be an interseting game... Smith vs Reynolds or a Lewis vs Simon. We need this win a big way as does the Stumps. Just walked by McMahon Stadium during lunch hour..... starting to liven up around there. Go Buck go!
pinkfreud

Good luck to our boys!

:cr:
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Can't wait for this game to start. GO LIONS GO!
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

GO LIONS GO GO LIONS GO...i feel a nice win and a couple of TD's for Geroy.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

So let's start the score predictions, I'll start:

BC - 30
CGY - 18
squishy35
Legend

Lions 25

Calgary 21

It will be close unless the Lions can finally find the receivers consistently.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Lions 33
Stampeders 11
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lions 39

Stamps 16

Buck will play lights out tonight.
pinkfreud

BC 23
Calgary 17