DD done?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

wildthing
All Star

http://www.metronews.ca/column.aspx?id=68768

granted its Marty York but things have been pretty hush hush thus far about Dave.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

nope hes not done
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

Pretty hush hush?? He's been out at practices, he's been talking to media, he's even attended games.

Not sure if that's what you woudl call hush hush. Maybe just try and read more papers that are directly dealing with it. That, and let's face it, Dave isn't the only story about the Lions out there. The Media has lots to cover. I'm sure we would all get quite sick and tired of the same rehash of Dave injury situation day in and day out.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

York also said the Lions could go undefeated! He was right it was possible at the time but they lost their next game right after that insightful article.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

There has been plenty of news here regarding DD's recovery, wildthing.

Fishing not so good at other sites? Try new bait. :wink:

:fishing:
Tighthead
Legend

DD may be done - that is no secret. The fact is, DD himself, and Karen Johnston, don't know at this point.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

All reports have him making steady progress...You lost me at Marty York..
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:All reports have him making steady progress...You lost me at Marty York..
Agreed. Marty York is clueless. The fact that Dave's actually taking the flight with the team to Calgary is a huge step in the right direction. Air travel with a concussion is not exactly a good combination so that should tell you something. I'm fairly confident that Dave will play again this year and I for one can't wait.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Don't forget that he flew to and from Toronto to see Dr. Johnson, Joe.

He's making progress, even if the Edmonton media doesn't cover it as well as it's covered here.

Marty York...."My sources tell me that some Rider fans take me too seriously."
SammyGreene
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:All reports have him making steady progress...You lost me at Marty York..
York should actually try speaking to the subject of his columns for a change. :roll:

DD gave a lengthy interview with the media yesterday which was played in its entirety on NW's Sportstalk last night in the 9 p.m. hour after having Javy Glatt as a special guest. :thup:

As OS_99 says.... DD is making steady progress to the point where he is even looking to resume full practices when the team comes back from its bye break. He does admit, however, that as he continues to proceed and push himself, he is unsure what could bring on symptoms so everything is done with a cautious approach.

He added he is getting more and more involved in the game planning/film work which he is glad to be a part of.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

The thing I find interesting is how DD is working in sort of an OC capacity with the team right now. It was already noted at the beginning of the season how "comfortable" (shall we say) he is with calling his own plays, effectively acting as his own OC at times.

No idea where this thought is going, not gonna speculate on Dave's future plans... I just think it's interesting :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Even if he becomes ready to come back, the question may still be whether he should come back.

Risking one more concussion may be too large a risk.

Tough to walk away, but maybe that is in his best interests.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote: No idea where this thought is going,
When I usually hear someone say that I just tell 'em to butt out and save the rest for later. 8)
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:Even if he becomes ready to come back, the question may still be whether he should come back.

Risking one more concussion may be too large a risk.

Tough to walk away, but maybe that is in his best interests.
We, and him and his doctors just have no idea really. Only time will tell.
Blitz
Team Captain

The thing I find interesting is how DD is working in sort of an OC capacity with the team right now. It was already noted at the beginning of the season how "comfortable" (shall we say) he is with calling his own plays, effectively acting as his own OC at times.
Dickenson didn't want to call his own plays and never has...other than to audible. He didn't want to spend the time in meetings coming up with the game planning and play calls...even though Wally wanted him to call more of his own plays. Dickenson prefered to focus on his play and not calling a game.

If Dickenson does eventually retire..and we can only speculate when that will be.....if he ever wanted to get into coaching he'd have to start as an assistant, likely working with quarterbacks.

Dickenson has invested his money wisely and there are much better ways to make a dollar than the brutal hours that go with being an assistant coach.

My guess, and I'm probably wrong, is that Dickenson will sit out this season. The odds are that he will be given that advice and then reevaluate, once he's given himself plenty of time to recover. The fact that he is still light sensitive and wearing sunglasses indicates that this third concussion and the syndrome symtoms, that have accompanied it, have lasted much longer than his previous two.

I'm just hoping that he fully recovers....football is very secondary to a full recovery!! Post-concussion syndrome can last for many months or even longer in some cases!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)