Being a BC Lion in the Youtube era

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

hexx

It's funny the things you come across on Youtube these days... in the age of the camera phone and web 2.0 pretty much everything you do in the vicinity of others can be broadcast to people around the world within seconds...

Two clips in particular caught my eye... the first is a trio of 2006 Lions performing worship music at a local church that apparently has such a "BC Lions night" every year. No surprise if you've noticed groups of players from the Lions and opposing teams praying together on the field after games at the dome in recent years... looks like this video was posted by none other than Gilles Colon...

The second one is titled "Grey Cup Shame" and shows another trio of players drinking out of the Grey Cup at a local nightclub. I see nothing wrong in the behavior captured on this video - just some guys doing exactly what they earned the right to do - I'm sure the Cup has been witness to some true debauchery over its many years but this was just someone fishing for a story...

Personally I enjoyed both clips...

BC Lions players performing worship music at a church

BC Lions players celebrating with the Grey Cup in a nightclub

edit: link titles were the wrong way around, sorry...
Last edited by hexx on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pinkfreud

The only shame there is that they wasted all that booze when they tipped the cup over.

:wink:
almo89
Legend

How was the 2nd one embarassing behavior? The owner of the video must be a Als fan :wink:

They kinda earned the right to do that and they were just partying. Don't we all? They weren't even causing trouble haha.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

this one is the best bc lions commercial ever in my opinion
2012 Season Ticket Holder