A Time for Healing

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

It was inevitable, and I'm glad that it happened sooner than later and here's why...

The longer the balloon of undefeated wins grew the greater the peril of length recovery as was seen in our 2005 season of 11 and 0, and afterward 1 and 6 losses.

A team needs time to put things into perspective and it is easier to do so if that team's expectations are based on realistic experience, and not on the false circumstance of wins which lead us to believe that we are better than we really are.

It was our turn for the quick turn around and we were ripe for a loss, our ranks devastated with injury, and out of all this adversity we will find a way to be a stronger, more resilient team, a team like no other to be reckoned with.

Our loss last night was to a great team who saw an opportunity to steal back the flag we had taken from their own lair, and finding a torn and beleaguered cat in it's den and licking it's wounds, decided that if they could not win under last nights conditions, they could not win at all this season.

My only solace is that this has happened early on this season and not leading up to the playoffs.

Though we may wish to focus on what went wrong, there are many positives to take away from last night’s game. Let's hope that the fates will be kinder to us in the day’s months ahead.

A time for healing.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
MacNews
Team Captain

You're right Keith...after this loss I'm sure the players and coaches will look at the film and realize their mistakes! This was a winnable game so that should motivate them for next week.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

You both are right for sure. Better to lose early when the season isn't on the line and learn the lessons from this outing and move on to the next game and repair what was wrong.

No one will run the board in the CFL.

I'd be uncomfortable pulling for a team that swept the league games as I'd worry about them making it past the WDF and getting to the GC even because purrfect seasons like that just don't happen.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

This loss could prove to be very beneficial in the grand scheme of things. It forces the coaches to take a hard look at what they're doing or not doing and they can make whatever changes to remedy that. Coaches are very reluctant to make changes when they are winning.
Luke
All Star

Agreed with all of the above. Better to lose now than later. I'm just hoping that Buono, Kruck, etc. can get the QBs and receivers in sync with each other. Its so crucial to our success. :rockin: :yes:
Blitz
Team Captain

It was our turn for the quick turn around and we were ripe for a loss, our ranks devastated with injury, and out of all this adversity we will find a way to be a stronger, more resilient team, a team like no other to be reckoned with.

Our loss last night was to a great team who saw an opportunity to steal back the flag we had taken from their own lair, and finding a torn and beleaguered cat in it's den and licking it's wounds, decided that if they could not win under last nights conditions, they could not win at all this season.
Words of wisdom Pigskin! I said before this game that Jarious Jackson had been dealt a very low card from the deck to start his first CFL game! A Leos first loss of the season and at home to boot, without a strong game from our offence and the vultures would be picking at his bones!! :wink:

The fact was we were not as good as our 11-0 record in 2005 and were not as good as our 5-0 record to begin this season. You can't continuously win when one of your three units is not operating well.

This will be a good time for reevaluation and reflection. Hoperully it will lead to the changes we need to make to get our offence in gear!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)