Leos/Riders Post-Game Thoughts!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Great posts Blitz.. Nice to see you loose in the big city and still with a PC.

Dave Ritchie looks like a seasoned HC on the sidelines surrounded by his injured guys who never once left his side during the game and who sent in the calls. This is a HC in a DC job! He is clearly the author of the good things they are doing on defence and he has melded a super team. One thing I like about him is that he doesn't appear to overcoach during a game. Too much yapping from the coaches during the game as to coachig tips over the course of a season becomes ineffective and they tune you out. Ritchie is a systems guy who looks at the big picture and keeps his cool until time to blow a gasket at just the right time. I sense those players respect and admire the guy.

I thought the D didn't get enough pressure on their QB but then again they were stranded for too long and just got wore down.

ST on the kick return lacked intensity for the most part. Forgetting Smart's great work, the blocking intensity sucked.

Offence... they didn't listen and get that fullback Lyle Green into battle. Last night would have been the game to get him more involved. I thought it looked like they were setting up to throw to him out of the backfield and then bang he's out of the frigging game and I'm thinking what are they thinking!! Just set it up and make an attempt.

Now JJ was too spotty and he's taken too much off his passes from gunning them to much. He has to get some zip back on his throws and be consistent. He threw a couple of nice balls to target areas and then missed or gets INT'ed on an easy one. He's got to relax and enjoy the game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
pinkfreud

Blitz wrote:Even though it was our first loss on a steamy night in the Dome... it was a special night. I had the chance to meet, for the first time, so many members of Lionbackers who make this the best football website in North America. Everyone was warm, welcoming, and showed some great 'Mainland' hospitality to an "Islander'. Thank you! :thup: :thup:
It was nice to meet you Blitz. Come again.

:thup:
Blitz
Team Captain

I thought the D didn't get enough pressure on their QB but then again they were stranded for too long and just got wore down
It was wonderful to meet you in person Toppy Vann and yes, our defense was worn down! However, considering how long they were on the field and how many injuries we had and how many players were playing out of position I thought our "D" did a very good job! I was thrilled when I heard Ritchie was coming to our Leos as defensive coordinator. The guy just believes in a style of defense I love! He also makes great game adjustments and the patchwork job he did against the Riders and still gave us a chance to win was impressive!!
It was nice to meet you Blitz. Come again.
Nice to meet you too pinkfreud! I enjoyed listening to your comments during the game....you certainly know your football!!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I have a question..........why was Casey Printers the MOP in the CFL in 2004?
Lloyd
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:I have a question..........why was Casey Printers the MOP in the CFL in 2004?
Casey carried the team on his back for fourteen consecutive games after Dave went down to knee injury that season and a team rudderless and luffing in the wind, CP took the wheel and steered us into the Western Final that season, completing 325 of 494 pass attempts for 5,088 yards and 35 touchdowns with 10 interceptions and rushing for 469 yards and 9 touchdowns.

He was named the Most Outstanding Player in the CFL the 2004 season, becoming known as the most dynamic quarterback able to improvise and make big plays both passing and rushing, by a rookie Qb ever, including that of Doug Flutie.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:I have a question..........why was Casey Printers the MOP in the CFL in 2004?
Because he had the talent to handle a pass first game plan and hit open (and sometimes not open) receivers with it?

Unlike JJ?