Saskatchewan vs. BC Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Definately not. Better relief guy than a starter for sure.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Buck looks piiiisssssed!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:HE (JJ) is the absolute worst excuse for a QB I have ever seen. Good bye JJ, nice knowin' ya.

NOBODY will want you now
He has great skills, but tries to force the ball during games. He cannot seem to throw the ball short, or with a gentle touch. He only throws it on a rope.

He's great in practice, but come game time, it all seems to leave him.
These ex-NFL QB's that come up here.... they just can't depend on their arm strength. There is a lot of finesse involved in the CFL but some of these guys just don't get it.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:HE (JJ) is the absolute worst excuse for a QB I have ever seen. Good bye JJ, nice knowin' ya.

NOBODY will want you now
He has great skills, but tries to force the ball during games. He cannot seem to throw the ball short, or with a gentle touch. He only throws it on a rope.

He's great in practice, but come game time, it all seems to leave him.
Hi.

Thanks.

Nice to see you guys caught up to me finally.

I didn't know JJ was Vince Evans' son.

A winnable game with either Buck or Dave under center.
Tighthead
Legend

Larry Key wrote:[These ex-NFL QB's that come up here.... they just can't depend on their arm strength. There is a lot of finesse involved in the CFL but some of these guys just don't get it.
There is an equal amount of finesse in the NFL, which may be why they washed out. I am wondering how JJ even succeeded to a degree at ND throwing nothing but heat.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:
Larry Key wrote:[These ex-NFL QB's that come up here.... they just can't depend on their arm strength. There is a lot of finesse involved in the CFL but some of these guys just don't get it.
There is an equal amount of finesse in the NFL, which may be why they washed out. I am wondering how JJ even succeeded to a degree at ND throwing nothing but heat.
Played the option more.
Tighthead
Legend

Played the option, but also set some passing records, no?
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Well, we lost with our 3rd stringer and a patched up D backfield. Wow, just listening into Angus Reid... he's pissed at how the game plan unfolded. It stunk plain and simple. Get an OC NOW and QUICK.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Sorry but I'm not hanging this one on JJ. This one goes on the heads of the coaches.

Please explain to me how it is Jarious' fault that the coaches completely and utterly forgot about Joe Smith. Hello, but how many touches does he get this game even when it was so close for the first 3 quarters.

Guess they didn't realize who their offense was last week.

Nope I'm not hanging this one JJ when the coaching staff decides to not let him use all of his weapons.

Get Joe Smith in there to tighten up the D and let's not forget that it gives the Oline the chance to tee up and knock some blocks off some Dlinemen. Run the damn ball!!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Sorry but I'm not hanging this one on JJ. This one goes on the heads of the coaches.

Please explain to me how it is Jarious' fault that the coaches completely and utterly forgot about Joe Smith. Hello, but how many touches does he get this game even when it was so close for the first 3 quarters.

Nope I'm not hanging this one JJ when the coaching staff decides to not let him use all of his weapons.

Get Joe Smith in there to tighten up the D and let's not forget that it gives the Oline the chance to tee up and knock some blocks off some Dlinemen. Run the damn ball!!
Angus was questioning that as well. It will be interesting to hear the excuses from Wally.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Sorry but I'm not hanging this one on JJ. This one goes on the heads of the coaches.

Plenty of guys open.

And a QB who couldn't hit them.

Which led to a defense that was either a) standing around, b)gassed, or c) both of the above.

Bad game plan or not, the defense did more than enough to keep this offense in the game and special teams did their part as well (save for McCallum's two misses).

The purpose of throwing deep is to use the pass to setup the run. The QB has to actually complete those passes at a better than 40% clip in order to force the Riders to not stack the box and open up the run to begin with.

Greatest game plan on earth? Not really.

Winnable with someone who executes under center? Yep.
agent2
All Star

I agree, it looked like JJ was trying to prove something and when it was 1-1 and 8-8 why keep throwing like that? I'm waiting to hear Wally on the radio and i hope the guys ask the tough questions.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Sorry but Wally isn't telling us the whole truth about not running the ball. There is obviously more to it. I'd almost think he wanted to lose this one. Those were BS answers to not running the ball more. We weren't doing badly running the ball early on - and it was given up on WAAAYYY too early.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Sorry but Wally isn't telling us the whole truth about not running the ball. There is obviously more to it. I'd almost think he wanted to lose this one. Those were BS answers to not running the ball more. We weren't doing badly running the ball early on - and it was given up on WAAAYYY too early.
Oh yeah... listen to him back peddle! Really didn't answer Ricks question. :lol:
terencius

HA!
All that being said above is excuses!

I want to see the real BC lions in September at mosiac stadia at Tailor field.
I want to see your best, No back ups. Strap on your Chinstrap!
Winner take all.