This is Buck's team

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

AZ

What with Dave's most recent concussion, I'd say it's only a matter of time before the reins are fully handed over to Buck. He's handled relief duty well in the past, and we will soon see if he can also handle being a full time starter.

Give Buck a week or two to lick his wounds, I think that Jarious as a scrambling type quarterback will do fine against the Rider and Bombers. But the time has come for Buck to emerge from Dave's shadow and be the leader on this team!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

AZ wrote:What with Dave's most recent concussion, I'd say it's only a matter of time before the reins are fully handed over to Buck. He's handled relief duty well in the past, and we will soon see if he can also handle being a full time starter.

Give Buck a week or two to lick his wounds, I think that Jarious as a scrambling type quarterback will do fine against the Rider and Bombers. But the time has come for Buck to emerge from Dave's shadow and be the leader on this team!
It would seem to me that Buck gets hurt just as much as Dave. have you watched him play recently? Buck needs some more seasoning; and no-one knows that better than Wally.

2009 at the earliest
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Did I miss a Dickenson retirement press conference?

No?

Then it's Dave's team until then, as you should have learned two years ago.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:Did I miss a Dickenson retirement press conference?

No?

Then it's Dave's team until then, as you should have learned two years ago.

:whs:
Tighthead
Legend

I am a fan of Buck generally, but I have less confidence in him now than I did at the start of the season. I used to have no doubts about his capabilities, and I can't say that anymore. To my eye, he looked no more polished at the start of this year than he did as a rookie.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Alot of it can be attributed to his recent rash of injuries.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Way too early to be losing confidence in a young Buck........he hasn't played a whole lot in the CFL and he still has learning to do.......as has been said, injuries have held back his development this year.....and IMHO, it appears that he is trying too hard because he now has his opportunity (with DD's injury) and he can't get healthy enough to firmly grasp the reins of this team.......it's got to be incredibly frustrating for him.

Just another reason why they should have sat him out for the Hamilton game.....and why they need to sit him until he's completely healed.
Lloyd
Tighthead
Legend

I am not saying I have lost all hope. No doubt the injuries are a contributing factor, but it is tough for any QB to be truly healthy. I agree that he needs to rest.

Anyway, I used to think Buck was a sure thing to be a great CFL QB. Now, I am not so certain. He is already good, but still has work to do.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:I am a fan of Buck generally, but I have less confidence in him now than I did at the start of the season. I used to have no doubts about his capabilities, and I can't say that anymore. To my eye, he looked no more polished at the start of this year than he did as a rookie.
Come on TH.... the kid is obviously hurting. You try standing in that pocket with all his injuries. I'll bet any money you'll get happy feet REAL quick! You don't think the opposing D is gunning for him... you know, give BP that extra shot?? He'll be just fine. He needs a few weeks to recover and in the mean time, JJ will get is well deserved start. :rockin: :yes:
almo89
Legend

I like Buck and want him to do well, but it seems like he get injured just as much as DD and he doesn't even play as much as DD.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I have liked what I've seen prior to his recent start. And considering his injuries.... I guess I am the type to jump on players having an off game but injuries sure explain a lot. Heal up Buck, you're gonna get some time to shine one way or another. It must be frustrating to be waiting in the wings and when needed you get injured too. Buck is the kind of player Lions fans will be happy is on our team.
Balraj
All Star

At this moment this is Jarious's team. Yes Dickenson is hurt but if he can come back healthy then it's his team. Buck Peirce is good, but he's injured at the moment to and hasn't looked as effective as he has in the past. Right now this is Jarious's opportunity to start at qb and I think before we start saying that Buck is the future we ought to have a good look at Jarious and see what he can do.
Luke
All Star

I really like all our QBs, and I count my blessings every week that we have three QBs capable of starting, and executing our offense at a level that allows us to win football games.

Dickenson and Pierce are hurt right now, and we still have a capable third stringer who can get the job done. How many teams can boast that!! Take any other teams top two QBs away from them and see whats left. I guarantee it isn't pretty. Probably looks something like Mike McMahon!! :wink: I like JJ, and I hope he makes the best of his opportunity. I think we need to get behind whoever stands under centre, and let them know that for today, your the man, and we got your back!! :thup: :roar: :rockin:
DJeffery
Rookie

There's a pertinent quote in today's paper by Mo Johnston, the coach of TorontoFC, Jim Brennan has just been diagnosed with fractured ribs, late in Johnston's 'career as a player with the Kansas City Wizards he suffered the same injury.'
"When it's your ribs it's difficult to breathe." Johnston said.
He tried to play with the injury. "And I lasted, like, 20 minutes." he said
prairielion
Starter

LukeN wrote:I really like all our QBs, and I count my blessings every week that we have three QBs capable of starting, and executing our offense at a level that allows us to win football games.

Dickenson and Pierce are hurt right now, and we still have a capable third stringer who can get the job done. How many teams can boast that!! Take any other teams top two QBs away from them and see whats left. I guarantee it isn't pretty. Probably looks something like Mike McMahon!! :wink: I like JJ, and I hope he makes the best of his opportunity. I think we need to get behind whoever stands under centre, and let them know that for today, your the man, and we got your back!! :thup: :roar: :rockin:
Couldn't agree more. In my history of following the Lions, this is the first time that I can say that I think we have a legitimate shot at winnig a game when starting our third string QB.
Let's go JJ.
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!