Attendance for Saskatchewan?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

If David Beckham is injured then the October 3 game is cancelled. That's in the contract. He must be able to play that game or else no show. He currently has a sore ankle so I don't know if he's going to play in Toronto on Sunday (CBC).

Here's something to ponder. Under the 1040 contract, this year if there's a conflict between the Canucks and Lions playing at the same time, the Canucks broadcast stays on 1040 and the Lions broadcast gets bumped to 14 CFUN.

Look at the Western Final date. The Canucks play that day.

Can you imaging the Western Final being on 14 CFUN?????

That is unthinkable. But it could happen
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:If David Beckham is injured then the October 3 game is cancelled. That's in the contract. He must be able to play that game or else no show. He currently has a sore ankle so I don't know if he's going to play in Toronto on Sunday (CBC).

Here's something to ponder. Under the 1040 contract, this year if there's a conflict between the Canucks and Lions playing at the same time, the Canucks broadcast stays on 1040 and the Lions broadcast gets bumped to 14 CFUN.

Look at the Western Final date. The Canucks play that day.

Can you imaging the Western Final being on 14 CFUN?????

That is unthinkable. But it could happen
I was personally insulted in the All Sports forum under "Dispicable effort by the Canucks".

You can see the reply there. That's the final straw that broke the camel's back. I ain't going to tolerate comments like that.

There are some of you who I have enjoyed interacting with since the 2004 Western Final but that personal insult is the final straw for me. Many of you obviously can't engage in a discussion about anything other than the BC Lions without getting into insults.

It's really too bad this incident had to happen cause I really thought things were getting better.

Goodbye.

Thought you left????
TheZeppo
Starter

[quote="120dB"][/quote]

Welcome back man. I don't always agree with what you say in your
posts, but I always find them entertaining.
Noodles
Rookie

it sucks that a game of this magnitude is on a thursday, but i have faith that there will be at least 30k people coming out for this one.
George Black in response to canned noise at BC Place: wrote: As I’m sure you understand, we cannot penalize a rumour.
VANRIDERFAN
Rookie

For us CFL fans on the Island, a thursday game is the worst possible time. There are tons of reasons but the biggest is that BC ferries quite at the same time the game ends, so you have to get a hotel and go home the next day.
Sure wish the fast cat from Downtown Nanaimo to Downtown Vancouver was still running. They had all sorts of deals to get to Lions/Canucks and Whitecap game.

I don't know why scheduling is such a problem. There are four games a week. Two double headers Friday and Saturday and then the Sat games can be moved to Sunday after Labour Day.
Waving the Rider Pride all over the world
jambi
prospect

At last year's WF, it was obvious a huge population of the upper bowl was only there to get plastered, talk on their cell phones, and wave to their buddies across the field. Great atmosphere. Oh wait.

I guess I should have bought tickets earlier in the lower level to avoid the tools, but as it stands, my experience was poor enough that I probably won't ever return to BC Place.
The_Pauser
Legend

Thursday game, beautiful night...I'm going to go out on a limb and predict 28,543 for this game. :(
Roar you Lions roar!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Great atmosphere. Oh wait.
So how's the atmosphere at TF for playoff games over the last 10 years? 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

jambi wrote:At last year's WF, it was obvious a huge population of the upper bowl was only there to get plastered, talk on their cell phones, and wave to their buddies across the field. Great atmosphere. Oh wait.

I guess I should have bought tickets earlier in the lower level to avoid the tools, but as it stands, my experience was poor enough that I probably won't ever return to BC Place.
Well it is the only place left for Rider fans to buy tickets, what do you expect from them. ;)
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

jambi wrote:At last year's WF, it was obvious a huge population of the upper bowl was only there to get plastered, talk on their cell phones, and wave to their buddies across the field. Great atmosphere. Oh wait.

If you want to watch live football the game before the Grey Cup, that is where you will HAVE to go.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:Any chance that the Lions could hit 40k for this Thursday's big game at B.C. Place against the hated Roughriders?
David wrote:[No chance. I'm guessing between 32K and 33K.
Too high.
Thursday game, beautiful night...I'm going to go out on a limb and predict 28,543 for this game. :(
Oh, my prediction... very low 30's Maybe not even that. Hell, I'm changing it to 29,543
Too low.

Final attendance: 31,858
David
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:
Ravi wrote:Any chance that the Lions could hit 40k for this Thursday's big game at B.C. Place against the hated Roughriders?

David wrote:[No chance. I'm guessing between 32K and 33K.

Too high.

Oh, my prediction... very low 30's Maybe not even that. Hell, I'm changing it to 29,543
Too low.

Final attendance: 31,858
Aww, c'mon Robbie - give me some credit. I came within 142 of being in the ballpark. :wink:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

jambi wrote:I guess I should have bought tickets earlier in the lower level to avoid the tools, but as it stands, my experience was poor enough that I probably won't ever return to BC Place.
We should be so lucky. Unfortunately, you'll be there again, even if the civilized world would be better off with you being anywhere else.