Clermont Note of Interest

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Jason was on the TEAM this AM and was asked about his contract status of course. His response was that he will touch base with Wally during the by-week and see where both parties are situated. He likes his role with the Lions, enjoys doing what he is being asked to do, much more receptive to moving things along with the Lions than what it seemed once the season started.
Last edited by Rammer on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i like the fact that he is getting the ball alot more than previous years
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

I don't understand the thread title. Am I being thick?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good to hear that Clermont and the Lions are still talking.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Not sure if anyone saw Christie Buono's interview with Jason on the Lions website (it should be archived). Nothing like getting questioned about your contact situation by the GM/HC's daughter but she did a good job. :lol:

Jason said that he married his high school sweetheart and his move out to B.C for the football season has been part of their relationship for six years now and it's something they are both used to. He also returns to Regina frequently during off days to juggle his real estate career during the season.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:Good to hear that Clermont and the Lions are still talking.
I hope he will still be with us next year
Lets Go Lions!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Not sure if anyone saw Christie Buono's interview with Jason on the Lions website (it should be archived). Nothing like getting questioned about your contact situation by the GM/HC's daughter but she did a good job. :lol:
:wink: That would be a bit of a sticky wickit, as Christie might be able get LION82 into saying
something Wally could use as leverage at the barganing table right, SammyGreene? :lol:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
prairielion
Starter

Sure hope that JC and the Lions can get a deal done. Clermont is a monster and with the recent struggles and demotion of Andy Fantuz in Saskatchewan, you can bet that the Riders would like him that much more.
JC, please stay!!! :yes: :yes:
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
nelson95
Legend

Although I am off the feeling that we shouldn't lose him for nothing, he has been key this year and is such a treat to watch. Hope he stays however his worth is climbing!
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

My fingers have been firmly crossed since the end of last season in hopes that we can sign JC to an extension. He's been such a big part of our team for so long now that to think of him playing for anybody else just doesn't feel right at all. With the way he's started off the year, he's clearly displayed why he's such an important part of our team and I think that Wally understands that. Wally has been good about getting the key guys locked up and hopefully something will get done. Green just isn't his color.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

In the "every cloud has a silver lining" theme........if the Lions finally come to their senses and put DD on the 9 game/week IR.......this would free up $150K-$200 in SMS room.........room that could go a long way to getting LION82 and JJ's name on new contract extensions.

Hello Wally........are you lurking?
Lloyd
wildthing
All Star

Shi Zi Mi wrote:In the "every cloud has a silver lining" theme........if the Lions finally come to their senses and put DD on the 9 game/week IR.......this would free up $150K-$200 in SMS room.........room that could go a long way to getting LION82 and JJ's name on new contract extensions.

that clears up money this year, how does that benfit JC next year unless he gets a purely front loaded bonus and small contract, something Wally might not want to do because of the dangers.

The decision is JC's and his wife's. I suspect his wife wants to remain in Regina otherwise they would reside in Vancouver already. Best of luck getting him signed he is a huge weapon for the Leos and hopefully for the Green Guys next year
Rammer
Team Captain

wildthing wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:In the "every cloud has a silver lining" theme........if the Lions finally come to their senses and put DD on the 9 game/week IR.......this would free up $150K-$200 in SMS room.........room that could go a long way to getting LION82 and JJ's name on new contract extensions.

that clears up money this year, how does that benfit JC next year unless he gets a purely front loaded bonus and small contract, something Wally might not want to do because of the dangers.

The decision is JC's and his wife's. I suspect his wife wants to remain in Regina otherwise they would reside in Vancouver already. Best of luck getting him signed he is a huge weapon for the Leos and hopefully for the Green Guys next year
A $100K in a signing bonus this season goes along way in a three year contract. He only need to re-up his current contract at $140K and he would be $33K ahead in bonuses each season, although it would all be paid out up front of course.
Entertainment value = an all time low
chub

he is saying all the right things to the BC media as all contract year players do. He will do what he feels is best for himself and his family come the offseason. Im quite sure there is a strong desire to live at home and try a new challenge with a new team. He doesnt have much more to prove in Vancouver...sometimes a different challenge is what a football player looks for, not just the cash. Clermont is that type of individual, and I believe we will see him come home to Regina, that said, its not out of the realm of possiblity for him to sign again with the Lions.
wildthing
All Star

Rammer wrote:
wildthing wrote:

A $100K in a signing bonus this season goes along way in a three year contract. He only need to re-up his current contract at $140K and he would be $33K ahead in bonuses each season, although it would all be paid out up front of course.
Do the Leos have the space even if DD hits the 9 game list? I suspect Wally signed some individuals to some lucrative deals with the assumption DD wouldn't play for a portion of the year due to injury (Bucky has a huge deal for a backup IIRC).